Your Favorite Winning Names

Well, you asked us for our favorites, not “the most appropriate” so you got some of the most clever ones. :wink:

We get the full gamut here and what is loved by a CH and sounds the most “businesslike” depends on many things.

What were you looking for in asking the question? Is there something you need that we can expand on or help you with?

Here’s two serious names I like a lot.
FrontmindNews.com by @perfectlycromulent
Innerconquerer.com by @kimslango

2 Likes

They’re appropriate for some businesses. There is a restaurant network based in Chicago that has gone national whose first word is “Lettuce.” (Can I say the whole name here?) In any case, it’s quite an enterprise.
I was thinking about this last night: The winners that impress me the most can be a play on words, but definitely are submitted by good brief readers who took the information in the brief and did something special with it. A kind of recent example is the nail salon that mentioned 1001 shades of nail polish. The winning name had “MI” in it, to represent 1001 with a Roman numeral. That had to be irresistible.

4 Likes

There are so many names that are brilliant! But I am so envious of the talented Logos’ done by @RockyOrpinada.

6 Likes

What were you looking for in asking the question? @Commulinks

No hidden agenda :slight_smile: I was very surprised by the lists, so I just wanted to learn a bit more.

Is there something you need that we can expand on or help you with?

Now that you mention it :slight_smile: … It would be very interesting to see everyone’s thoughts on the favorite Classic, Experiential, Descriptive, and Intriguing names as well.

1 Like

There have been so many excellent names, that I can’t do justice by all of them. One from the past I particularly liked was “Partners in Grime” by SongSlurp. I think someone just recently won with that name as well. Other favorites from the past have been LorinEggshells’ “PackedwithGrace” (a charity company giving baskets filled with needy items) and 'the Purple Penguin" (kid’s thing).I wish SH would have all the past winning names available to see and still admire.

5 Likes

That was a jawdropper, wasn’t it?

1 Like

thanks :blush: :smile: :kissing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I find it amazing that I see the same people trending everywhere and I think wow their names must be really great and then they win one and its like - what just happened there ?

1 Like

Part of what makes them trend is being able to be on the wavelength of the client and knowing when they don’t want a name with a “wow” factor. It’s not about what names we like.

4 Likes

That is so true! And that’s why they call you genius!

1 Like

I just wish more of these contests didnt go to a lottery split.If the ch stops rating after four attempts it seems it shouldnt really go to the top trender as they have obviously given up on the whole thing fairly early

1 Like

Sometimes the top trender gets that position late in the contest…why would they not be considered with other top entries if it goes to the lottery? I guess I don’t understand what you mean.

Reson8, your recent winner was absolutely awesome! I guess I’m drawn to it because one of my submissions was off by 2 letters! An amazing idea!

2 Likes

I wonder how many names we’ve come up that either were tweaked a different way by someone else who won.

1 Like

@LauraE, the very first contest I won was like that. I had Petals & Pinot and one of the others had Petals and Pinot. The ampersand won. I also get a lot of “this name has already been submitted into this contest”…great minds think alike.

2 Likes

I remember that one, @LisaMac ! Very elegant! I remember thinking I will never use ‘and’ again in the name!

I had a name that I’d used a lot in skin care contests, it never ever received a like or love. Then someone else thought of the name not too long ago, and won with it! Oh the misery

1 Like

Oh that truly sucks and I have had that happen on more than one occasion.

3 Likes

I’m reading through this thread and I’m amazed. There are so many creative minds here on SquadHelp :smile:

Based on the few I’ve seen thus far “Blisscotti” is one of the prettiest company names I’ve ever heard. I’ll probably be back though, once I get a chance to go through some more winning entries.

1 Like

Thank you for liking my name, Amiah. I appreciate it!

3 Likes