Winning Names not appearing on Contests

I noticed that winning names are not appearing on the contest pages. I’m hoping that is temporary!

5 Likes

Was just gonna post…they say they are closed…were winners picked and if so where and who

2 Likes

Maybe they are delaying posting those for 3 days now? Would be nice to know…

I even saw it on a contest that is on the winner board.

I’m seeing contests closed that look like they haven’t even picked a winner at all. No winner, no winning selection, no nothing. It looks like they’re still deliberating. I’m bluebuttoning it.

3 Likes

Okay, I blue buttoned it and apparently some contests are being chosen for the three-day release info thing. So, if you have a contest that says that it has closed out, and there is no winner, entry, anything listed – that is why. It’s because it’s been decided that the CH should be given time to register name and do what they need to do before releasing that information. What the issue is, though, is that it looks like the contest glitched and is showing like it accidentally got marked as closed or something. So I mentioned this to SH and hopefully something can be arranged so we at least know that a contest has at least been awarded so we know it’s not a weird glitch. So as it stands right now, winner will show in three days for those contests but maybe something will show it’s at least been awarded.

2 Likes

Yeah except there’s one on the winner board (3 days already passed). This is super frustrating.
Thanks for checking and reporting back @rareworthy.

2 Likes

Clinks…are you talking about contests that say who the winner is,but there is no winning name posted? When I asked about that some time ago I was told that’s what happens if the winner removes their entry after they win.

1 Like

If they are saying who the winner is Im not seeing it…would the winner be notified or cash show up in account before the three days then?

Also personally unless Im doing sonething wrong I hate that we have to scroll through to see winner…I wish we could just click the contest and see winning name under contest title.

1 Like

That’s interesting, Holly. Thanks for sharing that. I saw at least 2 of them yesterday…haven’t looked today yet.

1 Like

Yes, I believe everything else is still the same.

1 Like

This three-day rule is really throwing me off my game. I don’t need to see winning entries. I don’t care about the entries themselves, really. But it is reassuring to at least see a name there or even an icon that says that the contest has been awarded so I know I am free to use my entries from contests. Hopefully, SH can fix this somehow soon. It’s disconcerting to see so many supposedly closed contests but having absolutely no verification that they have actually been awarded. It’s even worse with the ones that seemed like there wasn’t much activity at all and now they are closed. Okay so were they splits or did the CH choose a winner? I am soooooo confused.

4 Likes

Perhaps, the winners name and pic could show in place of the winning name, until the name can be shown along with the winner.

5 Likes

Like what they used to do when CH would request the name stay private, yes, I suggested that to SH when I spoke to them, as well as a few other options. Good idea. How is everyone doing with the past entries issue? Are you waiting the three days until reveal to ensure names are in fact safe to use or are you just trusting the ‘closed’ listing as a go-ahead?

1 Like

I noticed this too and its so frustrating. Would the winner be notified before the name is released?

Do not worry! Notification will be immediately, that you won. I had it that way, and it’s okay.

4 Likes

Well I just bluebottoned it and was told that it means a winner hasn’t been selected. I think the person who told me this is misinformed because then why do other contests say ‘finalizing winners’ ? Would be nice to get a proper reason.

2 Likes

In the last contests I won, I do not see myself for 3 days on the contest page in the winner. But email of win and reward I receive immediately. In three days I see myself in the winners and on the contest page. So, that’s all right!

1 Like

The thing is that even the winner should find out what exactly of his/her entries was awarded. E.g. if you have for instance 2 or even 10 high rated entries and then win, you can’t see what exactly entry is awarded. You should go to My Entries and search for it.

1 Like