Winning names do people that like every name really like them ;-)

Ive noticed something quite odd recently that not many of the winning names are actually bought.I have been keeping a keen eye and noticed that some people who dont win that often always have their names bought but others that win quite frequently rarely do .
I suppose a lot of the ch just use it for inspiration and actually buy something close to what wins, at least I hope thats what happens lol

I know I had a CH who messaged me to say they were going to register a slight variation of my name because the exact match had an inactive trademark they didn’t want to hassle with obtaining. I think that’s fine, I still feel my winning entry inspired their actual choice.

2 Likes

There are different reasons why a winning name is not bought. Some have a name already but want to see if they can get a better one, others might not find the right name but pick a winner whose idea comes close or for a different reason. Others may just change their minds. Still some might find a trademark or some other issue they didn’t take into account at the time of choosing.

2 Likes