Winner Selection Policy Update

It sounds like the original system will still work in contests where NO trademark and audience testing are in place. So basically we will have two systems for abandoned contests is what is sounds like to me.
Will there be some marker on the contest itself to let us know which will be going thru multiple tests? Maybe an indicator that lets us know how far along in the testing process they are? I ask because I’m sitting with contests that have been pending for 2-3 months and basically I have no idea if they are abandoned or in testing phase.
My vote is to leave it the way it is now. My averages have been much better, but I will go with flow and see how it all pans out.
Just a side note…if people aren’t happy with a love it that didn’t get a piece of the pie under the current system, I can imagine how upset they will start getting with Shortlisted names and no compensation with the proposed system,
Too many changes in a short period of time, my head is spinning lol

I think for audience testing it should be open to more names say 25, which in cases where there’s 25 plus shortlisted you have a decent shot of moving on to test phase, shall there be less than 25 shortlisted/love its for audience testing, then it would allow for some of those like its(generally where i fall) or OTRT to be included. Now once audience testing is done the top 6 ranked names move on…

what is the ratio of abandoned to decided contests ?

i think a fair amount that a valid system should be in place

Vote for the existent system.

Something to consider…what happens if one contestant has two names sent to audience testing? If the contest is abandoned, would they get two shares of the prize? if so, I think this is certainly worth a test period, because it would remedy an issue with the current system that seems to bother quite a few creatives.

I vote for the existing system

I am against changes in the policy of payments.

I suggested awhile back maybe a few weeks for a CONTEST BAROMETER just like when you order pizza from Dominoes … it tells you where it is in the process of delivery… first avail to all the contestants then once the final short list is developed it is only PRIVY to those on the “:SHORTLIST” for example Contest CLOSED- Final selections- Short listing- Audience testing- then LEGAL ie Trademarking ETC. Just a thought to toss out there again. Also how about weekly LIVE webinars on naming, trademarking, taglines etc as an educational force from SH managed service to keep the knit of communication close in the SH COMMUNITY

I choose the older wisdom -
I like the current system

Im for the existent system

it might be the contest holders that need the webinars from what Ive seen ;-)(some are new to starting a company so seem to have no idea about trademarks)

Existing system is best…

EXAMPLE I had 3 names shortlisted in a contest and others just had one… the CH SPLIT it between the others and I got ZERO… so the CH can decide the split too. So do they work with SH to determine the split too ?

[quote=“Vivegoodkarma, post:55, topic:2472”]
EXAMPLE I had 3 names shortlisted in a contest and others just had one… the CH SPLIT it between the others and I got ZERO[/quote]
Uh-huh! - That’s exactly what I’m talking about - Don’t understand how that’s fair to the Creative with the highest (or several high) ratings? :disappointed:

I am for keeping the current payout / share system

The issue with having the split based on each name is that I could do something like GreatName, it gets Short Listed. I notice this and then I come back with the following submissions, GreatNames, GreatestName, and so on. You see the problem? Those submissions aren’t really unique, they are all based on the shortlisted name, just different variations of my first submission. The reason I came back to add variations of my high ranking name was to pad my Short Listed names so I would get more money if the contest happens to be abandoned.

What happens when only 10 more people start padding their high rated submissions? The CH receives hundreds of very similar submissions and the abandoned contest situation is more likely to occur. After a while, more will catch on to this little trick and soon the contest will be 20 names with 200 variations.

As the system is now, I create a name and variations of that name are entered in one submission. I can easily submit each name separately, my submission limit is high enough. But why waste my time and the CH’s time and create more abandoned contests?

I vote for the existing system.

@Commulinks @jackieheraty

I cannot share exact numbers at this time. However, it is certainly the case that these new policies will only come into play on a small subset of contests.

[quote=“Arnet, post:58, topic:2472”]
The issue with having the split based on each name is that I could do something like GreatName, it gets Short Listed. I notice this and then I come back with the following submissions, GreatNames, GreatestName, and so on.[/quote]
Hmmm, that’s interesting Arnet - I’ve never thought of doing that ^

If one of my names is shortlisted, I don’t go back and submit variations of it, because I’m of the mindset that the Client loved that name and that name alone - Not a variation of it. :confused: