Wheres the protection?

Not taking anything away from Cr8r8, but when you first to get a name in a contest , in my case it was RoostersRoast.com I am feeling very hijacked and feel root names such as these should be protected from variations!

1 Like

Seez, is it possible the CH told Cr8r2 that name and asked him to elaborate? It is a great name btw and I also am not taking anything away from Cre. But maybe there should be something in place for first to enter a similar. Shame the CH could not throw you a bonus . I’m really sorry

No lorin, I don’t think there was insider stuff going on, It could be that two minds had the same idea and one just subbed a longer name denoting its coffee that the ch liked better, I am trying to get clarification on timestamps now) as I think I was one of the first if not the first if I remember correctly and that was the only name I subbed! but likely nothing I can do since the CH picked it,

2 Likes

This can be such a heartbreaking job sometmes.

3 Likes

Yes , I have actually lost a handful of heartbreakers this month one just yesterday as well and few earlier this month, but so is life! tomorrow is a different day, harboring resentment or bitter feelings really wont do me any good) So I will laugh to make you smile, which is better than money to me)

6 Likes

I feel some very creative people have quit Squadhelp because they felt the crowdsourcing system was very unjust and unfair to them. It is sometimes, I guess.

3 Likes

Ouch. Sorry Seez. I’d be super bummed if that happened to me.

1 Like

No quit in this guy) , and there is no way to make a system that is conducive to every situation, or to every creatives dissatisfactions, on the flip side, Many great improvements have been made to SH and the talent has only gotten better and stronger, I am sure there will be many times we all loss by a letter or a variation,

3 Likes

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades)

1 Like

@seezall I have noticed a creative asking the CH
“Now that you have had a chance to review several submissions, will you please let us know what concepts or words you have liked so far? Disliked so far?”
I feel this kind of question is unfair to other creatives. This is not the first type of question this creative has posted, is it allowed as I tried to report it yet there was no option to say ‘unfair’ in the drop list so I didn’t???

1 Like

@seezall I understand the Dislike part but the words liked feels like cheating

While it appears to be that inside info, it is nothing more than 2 close entries where the Ch happen to ask for variations from one creative and not the other, This is something that admin confirmed!
so yeah, I layed an egg) LOL ultimately its the CH’s company and money and why or who he choses to work with is up to them. So in the end I cant have to much of a problem with things that are out of my control>

1 Like

So @seezall in answer to your original question I also think root names should be protected it’s easy to add coffee or something like that to anything, I’m sure the CH could come up with that part themselves maybe SH could even implement something that allows you to make variations on each name without counting as an additional submission
For example rooster roast, roasting rooster, rooster roasts, rooster roast coffee, rooster roast house coffee, blah blah, just counting as one submission, this would make it much fairer I think, also it would be better if the CH takes days to rate because if they don’t like the root you get hit with nahs on all variations also.

I think then it could get very limiting on entering names, but perhaps if the first fifteen or so letters match it should maybe be reviewed by timestamp only, no matter rated or not the later all get disqualified before a winner is picked)

@seezall yes for sure it needs more thought , but they should do something, and asking for names that the CH likes is okay but not if its at the expense of someone else’s suggestion. I think both these issues should be addressed properly.
Also I’d like to add that it’s not Cr8r8 that’s made me upset , it’s the system.

2 Likes

It can be frustrating to see a similar name that you suggested win a contest. The reason we only allow private contests is to minimize this sort of outcome, because all names are really being submitted on a “blind” basis. However, coincidences do happen, especially when a contest receives 800-1000 entries. We do have checks in place that block names that are too similar. However this is not a perfect science, and infact earlier we were too restrictive, which blocked some genuine names from being submitted because they happened to partially match with another name that was previously submitted. We continue to tweak this algorithm, however there will always be exceptions, because there are too many possibilities especially when one word can have multiple meanings, or it could be used in a different sequence to make up a completely different name.

1 Like

Sorry Seez, But that too was my first name submitted along with a dozen variations of it. Then the CH came back to ask for other variations.

1 Like

I was excited about my first win but now just a bit crushed. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

No it is not. I work just as hard as anyone else here :cry:

1 Like

@CRE8R2, congratulations on your first win. Your name was chosen by CH based on its own merit.

And sorry that your previous screen name was showing on your forum posts, even when it was changed on the main site as per your request. We have corrected it here.

1 Like