What type of Contests do you like?

What type of Contests do you enjoy the most? Preferable contests or one’s that you do “best” in? I’ll start - I think my brain “pops” best with fun product contests. The names seem to roll in the most with these. Contests I tend to avoid or not do well in: Name my software, data, crypto, etc etc. Unfortunately these are typically the higher paying contests, but my brain has a hard time with “made-up” names. It is what it is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t seem to win more in one specific category, but I like working on beauty and e-commerce contests, just because they are crowded markets and therefore the CH is usually open to a wide range of ideas.

3 Likes

yes, I like the beauty ones too! I do get excited about those but haven’t actually won one yet - soon I hope

2 Likes

Since I’m a “Foodie” and a “Shop-a-holic” I really get inspired with the _Name my Restaurant or Clothing Labe_l type contests - The FinTech and Crypto/Bitcoin types? - Not so much (LOL) :zipper_mouth:

3 Likes

Ooh, yes the foods ones are fun - you rock at those

1 Like

I had to go back and look at the contests I’ve won. They’ve been all over the board in terms of industries, etc. I can’t really decipher the ones I am best at. I know that I love to create blended names and made-up names and plays on words and unique combos. There are some categories I don’t do so well in but I keep trying like fitness and nutrition. We get a lot of contests in those categories and they are super hard because the market is so saturated. I often try too hard to be creative, I know that!

4 Likes

I seem to do good in the niche businesses. But my entries always seem to get high ratings in the sex toy and pot industries. What does that say about me? LOL

11 Likes

Ahahahaha - literally laughed out loud - I love it

4 Likes

You made me laugh too! I remember one time a long time ago…I entered a name I thought was pretty good for a Victoria’s Secret type lingerie contest. Imagine my dismay when I found out later it was also a name for an active sex chat line! It made me blush…then it made me laugh!

4 Likes

I submitted an entry to a contest not long ago (I can’t remember exactly what it was for)… the CH came back and told me that the name was too suggestive for his audience. I wracked my brain trying to figure out what was suggestive about the name. FINALLY, I figured it out … I wish I could remember what it was now… but anyway, I was really blushing on that one and even though I’m getting up there in years, I’m not naive! But holy cow… duh, me!

5 Likes

Same!! I love product names I excel at that! I’m not good with made up names and I hate real estate, beauty company names ugh I suck at those! But I mostly love taglines because I win in those! : )

3 Likes

The ones I win, LOL Just kidding, love the ones looking a simple url available name (Top My Pop)…

6 Likes

yeah, real estate is not my thing either - I never score well on those!

1 Like

My winning names are my fav-o-rite…:wink: :wink:…sry seez I couldn’t resist :smiley:

2 Likes

Online Retailing and Homewares contests anytime, anyday! I REEAALLLY suck at the RealEstate contests just never seem to be able to get into CHs head :laughing::sweat_smile::joy:. Online Retailing a def No-Brainer!

1 Like