What is this message?

I got this message on a contest that I have never gotten before:
We’re sorry. The CH is now accepting submissions from a smaller group of creatives. You can not submit more entries to this contest.

What is this? I mean, I know what it says but when did this happen??? And how does this work? Who gets excluded and how?

11 Likes

I’ve received that message on 2 occasions, Clinks - At first, I was stunned - I mean, talk about feeling rejected?! :anguished:

I assumed it meant that the Client thinks your names really stink, and they don’t want to waste yours or their time any more (LOL) :grin:

6 Likes

wow, I haven’t seen this one . . . yet - must be new? @Commulinks how many names did you enter into that particular contest before receiving the message and was it a “TierA” only contest? maybe @grant can enlighten us.

1 Like

@Cren, I had JUST submitted one name! Moments! And I am a Tier A. CHs must have a new ability.
@AlwriteyThen how long ago was that? This is the first time I have had this happen to me.

3 Likes

oh geez, just one name? that does seem odd. I was thinking that maybe they want an even “tighter knit” group if it was in a TierA contest (I don’t know). That is disheartening b/c I try to submit a few different style of names in a contest and based on which way they go, I submit more like that “liked” name.

6 Likes

I can’t find the post now, but I’m almost sure I’ve seen another Creative mention this message. Maybe it’s a feature that just isn’t often utilized.

3 Likes

I guess, I’m not the only one! I’ve received the same message from the CH, so I contacted SH. It means that the Ch only wanted a specific group to work on the naming. I’m like OK, but it sucks to be rejected.

5 Likes

I got this message also. I submitted two names to a contest which were both rated “no thank you” I was going to try a different style of name and when I tried to submit, I got the same message.

4 Likes

too would like to know more about how this will work, I was excluded from a contest with this same message after only two submissions.

4 Likes

Exactly. And sometimes it takes a few submissions to get on a roll.

4 Likes

Oh Gee, it was several months ago, Clinks - I think I got the first one back in late 2017, if I recall correctly…

Anyway, I haven’t received one in a while now, but I don’t feel so bad - I see that some of the other BRILLIANT Creatives got them too - Wink, wink :wink:

I don’t fret over it, I just move on to another project, 'cause obviously the Client doesn’t like my style - No Biggie! :smirk:

8 Likes

Thank you so much. I will definitely take your advice! I am so behind on contests anyway!

2 Likes

I got it too recently but I must admit that I went a little outside the brief box, by the third submission they booted me

3 Likes

If they only knew how many times we’ve totally hit the mark on that 15th entry. Oh well!:innocent:

6 Likes

I too got it (I can guess which contest!) for the first time in my few months of existence here. I was stunned, felt angry, depressed and could not focus that whole day. I even kept thining that CH must have hit that button accidentally.:innocent: I had blue button immediately & SH informed me “A CH can decide to exclude certain creatives from their contest and continue working with a smaller group of creatives.” & “It’s been there for a while but rarely used” when I asked if this is new.

I too went @AlwriteyThen (great spirits!) way next day and got shortlisted in other project! In fact I went ahead & created a funny label for that contest! I had to have my sweet revenge.:stuck_out_tongue:

But I feel this button in the hands of CH goes kind of against the grain of SH spirit. This is crowdsourcing platform, is not it?! If it has to be there than there has to be a stricter criteria, say after 10-20 submissions, a CH can use it. We are discussing about “No thank you”, I guess we can also discuss about this and request SH to rethink.

4 Likes

That message is when they block you from submitting more entries to that particular contest

2 Likes

I’ve never gotten that message. But, on the flip side, I have gotten private messages from CH telling me they went through my winning names and liked them. They then asked me to participate in their contest. Keeping in mind that I hadn’t entered their contest. Was a little ego boost I must admit.
As far as the message you received…maybe they only want the creatives with likes/loves to continue. Maybe they feel those creatives got their vision. Maybe they find it easier to have back & forth communication with a smaller group of creatives.

4 Likes

I have quite awhile ago…

2 Likes

So…apparently, I guess I was excluded from a contest (though I don’t recall ever receiving a message)…It is still open, but no “submit” button anywhere (and not paused)…BUT…one of the 10 entries I had previously submitted (none of which were rated) just received a love it rating and was shortlisted??? Yeah…Idon’t know how I feel about that feature…

5 Likes

I seem to have escaped the wrath of this latest CH so I’m unaware which contest you are all talking about.

I’ve seen this quite a few times in the past though, so I obviously have that special gift of peeing someone off :slight_smile:

5 Likes