Well, I'm bummed as usual!

I’m completely bummed right now! Why do I do that and listen to CHs. They tell you how good the entry is and is sure a leading one. Ugh! That’s it. I’m done!

1 Like

Ya gatta hng 'n their 4 th looong hall

2 Likes

Stay with it! You might win!

1 Like

With the way things are going, I don’t think so. I’m to bummed right now.

1 Like

I know exactly how you feel. I’ve felt the same way many times but I keep coming back because despite the frustrations and disappointments this is a fun gig. The community is awesome and so supportive, and the admin has become the best of all the sites of this nature. Maybe you just need to take a small break. Take a little time to calm and clear your mind then come back refreshed and ready to rock. Heck I haven’t won anything since last year but all the reasons I have listed are why I hang in there. I still get frustrated and disappointed but I guess I’ve just gotten better at rolling with the punches. You’re too talented to just give up. You’ll win again, I’m sure of it.

4 Likes

Thanks for kind words. But, I was really hoping for this win and was sure of it. Then, bam. I just wish the ch shouldn’t have said anything at all. It would have been better.

2 Likes

I hear ya. The same thing has happened to me in the past on other sites as well as this one. The client raves about how much they love a particular entry and it gives you hope but then BAM, you’re left confused and disappointed when they choose someone else. I even had a client award me the prize and on the day I was expecting my payout instead of getting the money I was sent a message from admin saying the client changed their mind. Imagine how infuriating that was. That was on a different site of course. I’ve just learned to not expect anything. Even if a client says my name or slogan is the best I never expect to win. I always hope, but I never expect. That way of thinking has saved me alot of pain. Anyway, I’m done babbling. Still hope you hang in there.

2 Likes

@miyvex58, You are not alone in your frustration, but from what I can tell by your stats you are the highest ranking namer here currently. It’s a roller coaster ride for sure, but keep hanging on.
Best of luck for scoring one sooooon! :rainbow:

1 Like

whichever contest I got higher ratings ,CH walks out of it… :smiley:

I still enjoy this platform…keep throwing my ideas and dump my creativity out… :smiley:

5 Likes

Congrats Amanda! @miyvex58. I share your feelings as well. Second time around for me trending then a suggested name in brief gets picked. I feel kind of cheated of the hard work and time spent offering good names. The compliments from ch were inspiring but pointless when the pick a name they suggested in their brief. Oh well I just shake it off take a breather and stay strong in the game. Hang in there!

1 Like

I thought I was going to win the recent “Brix” real estate contest. The day after Squad Help picked the winner, the Contest Holder changed my rating from like it to love it. Guess I’m SOL now. Blah!

Hello miyvex58 or should I say veryvexed58 this is a strange place with no correct answers. Since you posted this thread I’ve looked at your profile page. I have a lot of respect for someone so accomplished as yourself, you are for sure old skool. I know that no matter what I say I cannot sway you either way. All I know is that people come and go, yet to see such a fine creative to disappear would be a great loss to the site and the community. I’m sure that you know that many CH are like children, meaning - can I have, then when you give its not the right spoon for the cereal or the wrong colour of blanket.
Your last loss was maybe just a temper tantrum within the CH offices. It doesn’t mean they (CH’s) don’t love you.
Be strong, take a breath, and start again. If you need to let the babysitters take care of them for a while that’s okay too. But please don’t leave. Don’t let them win. You are a winner. (Proven many times)
Take care. Enjoy your holiday (if you wish) and with hope we will all see you here better than ever.
I hope you understand the metaphor
D.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your encouragement. I was very upset, but soon realized that I am good at what I do. In fact, I went to the store with my husband the other day. He wanted to buy a shredder and I saw the name on the product I provided awhile ago. That put a smile on my face, that after such a long time, the name still exists. Thanks again for kind words.

9 Likes

I had the same experience in the contest you are referring to.I kept submitting name after name they said they liked, and sent me private messages about,saying I was totally on the right track, spot on,they love it, etc…and I got good ratings on them. I thought I had a great chance to win, and was trending.Then all of that was for naught.

I think we all experience that.

I think it’s just more depressing and frustrating at times, as just in the few months I have been here, I can see cycles and trends in what names go over well,and at least for me…I am just not really finding a niche for my names lately.

I also know as creatives we probably have a certain wheelhouse and contest fit for our kind of names, especially if you are a person who takes this seriously and works hard to come up with what you think are appropriate and relevant names,and not just submitting hit and run names.So sometimes they are the “names du jour” and other times not so much.

So even though I have been discouraged about alot of things here lately…I still try to hang in, hoping the tide will turn my way again.

So hang in! If you have confidence you can name well, than it is worth pursuing.

Not winning, often has little to do with the quality of your name if you are a proven namer…but rather more with the way the tides are at the moment.

1 Like

I don’t win very often as you can see, and I try my best and put a lot of work into it. Once, I get into on the right track, I automatically know which contests I can win. When I get private messages from ch with praise on my entries or the famous phrase, I like the way you think, I get very hopeful. And then, they choose someone else, that really hurts. Now, I’ll try not to be so hopeful.

You echo what I have said/thought so many times! Even though I still let it get to me sometimes too…especially when it happens a few times in a row…I try to tell myself in every contest to have hope,but not expectations.Then I don’t get let down quite so often.

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved::cold_sweat::rage:I absolutely can not understand Y ch changes the" faces "after the contest has closed ¿? Happy Thursday Everyone​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

See, I told you you’d win :grinning: I’m glad somebody can. I’ve already cut back on the number of contests I enter to minimize wasted time and effort but I think I’m going to cut back even more to just one contest now and then. I don’t think I’ll give up completely just yet. I have a pretty bad case of chronic brain fog and I think that may be part of my problem. Despite racking my brain and doing my best to come up with good names I just don’t have the knack that others here have. I can’t compete. Anyway, congrats to you. Keep on naming!!!

6 Likes

Thank you very much. Best of luck to you. I hope you win soon.:grinning:

2 Likes

I think we should just all start naming every company AdvantEdge.

4 Likes