Warning ! DO NOT RESUBMIT ANY DOMAINS THAT WERE REJECTED PREVIOUSLY, THEY WILL GET AUTO-REJECTED AGAIN!

Hello,

There is a serious issue that needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

As now SH enabled the option of submitting domains that were rejected before 60 Days, I tried to submit some domains that were previously rejected and gave them a second chance. But, The system automatically reads the domain status as rejected ( like before ) And automatically rejects them again.

Therefore, The domains must be first deleted from the system before submitting them again, Because if they are still memorized they will be auto-rejected just like before.

A quick example is the following 2 names which i just submitted :

XXXXXXX.com and XXXXXXX.com ( Shared with SH Support ) , I have just submitted them before a couple of minutes and now i see they are auto-rejected and the system says they are added on Jan 18, 2020. Which is the previous submission date.

Not only these two, This has happened for many of my domains and maybe some other sellers too.

For today i have submitted many domains and they were all auto-rejected, The previous couple of days i submitted XXXXXX.com which was also auto-rejected. I have reported the issue of XXXXXX.com on another conversation with the support but at the time i didn’t realize what was really happening, I just mentioned that the domain was sitting for seconds on Pending Review and received 11 Expert Reviews already, In a Blink of an Eye, Which is of course impossible, Those votes must be from the previous same name submission or it’s just a system error. And i also hinted at the issue of the System mentioning the old submission dates and not updating to the new ones.

This issue must be given a high priority because is causing people loss of coins and wasting their time submitting domains that will get auto rejected.

I have shared this on the forum to warn people, So they don’t waste their coins and time.

Thanks.

strong text

12 Likes

Thanks for approving my post,

Here’s a quick solution i suggested to SH :

The database of all rejected domains before each 60 days must be cleared from the system, So, Once re-submitted again, The system will read it as “New Submission” and give it the real time date not an old one because it’s not saved in it. And therefore it should process as normal.

Or, You can simply clear the database of All rejected domains prior the release of Expert Reviews Option. And allow re-submissions of the time prior the release of this last, Means if a domain is rejected after the release of Expert Reviews option then it will not be permitted to get re-submitted again and only the domains that were rejected prior the release of this feature will be able to. I think this makes sense because if a domain fails to make it with the Expert Review votes then it will likely fail again after 60 days.Or at least enlarge the gap to 6-months or so, As some domains tend to fluctuate in terms of value.

6 Likes

This issue has been corrected as of last week, and if you resubmit a name which previously had 10+ votes, the votes will now be reset. We are also compiling a list of names that were submitted the second time and auto rejected due the previous votes being counted. We will be refunding coins in those situations (if the coins were used second time).

2 Likes

Sorry, Grant, This issue has not been corrected. Yesterday and today I try to resubmit my BPL domains after 60 days and immediatly get message ‘15 Expert Reviews Completed’

4 Likes

This is taking forever, I followed up with the support several times and there isn’t a single update so far, Wondering if you are actually still working on this?

I want my coins back, Thank you.

1 Like

This can be easily fixed in database by clearing previous votes. I wonder why this issue is still pending!

1 Like

Not sure if the issue is still on effect, I’m talking about the refund.

1 Like

I think the issue is still there, but I’m not 100% sure :thinking:

4 Likes

Lately almost all of my submissions are fresh and new to SH so i can’t tell if the issue is still on effect. But i have lost a lot of coins previously and i won’t let go.

It’s not an easy task ( if not impossible ) to compile a list of domains that were affected by this issue because there are no footprints to track.

This isn’t my problem, I have alerted them as soos as i knew about it and tried my best to help, They asked for some time to look into it further and they have it. What i know is that i lost coins and i need them back. If there’s no way to define the domains affected by this issue they will need to set a number of coins at their discretion and refund the sellers that were hit by this glitch. Or discuss with us, Open a thread and let’s share ideas on how to get out of this WIN-WIN, But don’t go silent! Because the Squad is not just you, it’s all of us.

And this isn’t about coins, It’s about doing what’s right because with your actions you seem to be caring about net profit over our satisfaction. You know i could benefit from hundreds or even thousands of coins for free with the system fail that i caught sometime ago and reported it instantly. It was fixed shortly but i didn’t receive a word, After over a month of following up i got a “Thank you for bringing this up and 50 coins as a courtesy”. It was on you and it could cause you massive loss of business if it went out. And so i did what i thought is right, I didn’t go silent but helped with what i can, Now this is on us, Your fault but the bill is on us and you’re still going silent.

If you want to get to the top but there isn’t a path to get going with, Just do what’s right. “You are what you are today because of the right choices you made yesterday” It’s not a good time to mess up.

8 Likes

As mentioned previously, any seller who was impacted by this glitch will receive refund of coins that were used for resubmission.

This is an extremely resource intensive process because it requires us to check every seller’s account and reconcile all their historical submission data. We are committed to this effort because our goal is to provide clear details to all sellers involved, not just those who reported the issue.

To summarize, here is the specific glitch that we will be refunding the coins for:

1. If you submitted a domain that was previously submitted and rejected

2. You used coins for the resubmission

3. The domain already had votes at the time of resubmission

4. The domain was auto-rejected second time by our platform due to these existing votes.

Our plan is to provide a list of all such domains, along with the refund of coins used in the second resubmission.

Over the last several weeks, we have made significant progress in Identifying the data, but would need another 1-2 weeks in sending refunds, along with the specific details of domains.

4 Likes

Ok finally an update, Thanks.

What specific glitch? We are talking about one issue that our domains were getting auto-rejected. The first two points are understood. But why this refund will only be for the domains that had votes at the time of resubmission? At the moment when i reported the issue, I used an example of two domains that were submitted on Jan 18, 2020. ( the Expert Review Feature was not yet released by then, so the domains will not have votes at the time of resubmission because votes weren’t used in first place ) Still, When i resubmitted them on July 8 they disappeared from the Pending Review list in a few minutes! So what about those? And the vast majority of domains that were hardly hit by this Auto-Rejection issue are the domains that were submitted prior the release of the Expert Review feature and have no votes. And you can’t say there’s no glitch because we’ve seen, I atleast saw my domains disappearing from the Pending Review List in a few minutes. And that’s the whole thing i was striking all these drums for.

The Expert Review feature was released on March 19, 2020. And with the 60-days resubmission window there will be a very few domains that had votes and then resubmitted again. Obviously you are talking about the glitch of SH system not resetting the votes when the domain is resubmitted, It will show the votes of the previous submission, This is the same for the domains that were rejected prior the release of Expert Reviews, The system keeps the status of a previously rejected domain as rejected, And it rejects it again.

Now you can probably say why the domains were not getting auto-rejected before the release of the Expert Review feature, Well, firstly i’m not sure since when this issue came to effect, But it seems like it showed up since the release of this feature because only then we noticed the auto-rejection, And simply it started eating everything, Not just the submissions involved with votes. This is the whole thing i wanted you to investigate and was hoping for updates about it ever since.

If i knew this is just about the domains that had votes at the time of resubmission i wouldn’t press any keycaps for it, I was talking about orca and it turned out mackerel, And now here we go again, Why my domains were disappearing from the pending review list?

3 Likes

How complicated it is! I just constantly think that my three domains are awaiting approval for the third week. I wrote to the Blue Button that it might be a glitch, because within one month I had three big glitches on the marketplace. And I suspect that the team, perhaps, simply does not see these domains of mine. I really hope that the team will pay attention to me. If it’s just a large queue of domains, then everything is ok. I just don’t want to accidentally fall out of the team’s focus. Thank.

3 Likes

Just to be clear, the Auto rejection feature was added after the expert review process was introduced. This specific glitch applies to only those situations where the auto rejection feature inadvertently rejected a domain because it saw that the domain had already gone through an expert review process and did not receive high votes (even though the expert review process was from the previous submission).

Prior to the Expert Review process, all domains were reviewed manually by the team, and were accepted or rejected based on that manual review. So there is no possibility of a domain getting “auto rejected” if the domain previously did not go through an Expert review process.

We have analyzed all examples that have been shared with us (even including those where the original domain was submitted for the first time before the Expert review process was introduced). In all such instances, we can see that if there was Auto rejection, it was because the domain already had votes from the previous expert review process. In some cases, the domain was submitted multiple times - for example in January 2020 (before expert review process), May 2020 and July 2020.

As mentioned previously, we will be sending the list of all the domains impacted by this glitch to the sellers when we refund the coins.

2 Likes

The glitch of Auto Rejection due to the domain having votes from the previous submission is clear and understood, When i noticed this issue i have also shared an example for a domain of mine that had votes at the time of resubmission, This is all clear.

But you still can’t be sure that there was no other glitch auto rejecting the domains that were not involved with votes first time.

For example, let’s say the domain namesman.com was submitted back in Jan 2020 and was rejected, Now if i submit it again in sept 2020 and it gets rejected, How can i be so sure that it was reviewed second time and that rejection was a result of the second review not the first one? Because if i browse my rejected list i won’t find it on top, I will find it saying “rejected on Jan 2020” which is the previous submission time. What guarantees to me that it was actually reviewed again and rejected second time? And what’s more confusing is that it disappears from the Pending Review section in a few minutes, Now for real, Not one domain, Domains, Can you really review many domains in only a few minutes ? or one hour or even few hours? But wait, Only the domains that were submitted previously and have a history with SH System, Fresh and new submissions will get reviewed in a few days, Does it sound all good and logic?

When you release new features there’s always a possibility for glitches to show up, At the time when you released the Expert Review feature, The addition of Auto Approval/Rejection feature was meant to auto reject domains due to lack of votes, Or approve domains that got many votes, But what guarantees to me that it didn’t somehow include domains that were rejected before by the review team? Because as the system memorizes the votes of previous submissions, It will also memorize the domains that were rejected prior the release of the Expert Review feature. It’s all the status of a submission, Approved or Rejected, Have many or few votes.

At the time when i reported the issue, I’ve had domains disappearing from “Pending Review” in few minutes after resubmission, Only the domains that were submitted previously and had a history with SH system were disappearing from pending review, Others were sitting there as normal and get reviewed after a few days. But not a single one of the domains that had a history with SH remains in Pending Review, It just disappear in a few minutes or a couple of hours at best and when i look for it and browse the rejected list i find it on the first submission date not the real time, And i had no confirmations from the review team saying Yes, I have reviewed and rejected your domain today. There must be something wrong.

I should have tried to delist one of my premium domains and then submit it again for review, If it gets auto approved then what i’m saying is %100 spot on.

Now what i ask for is to have a mark when a domain is reviewed second time, You’d need to mention that it was reviewed and rejected on that real time, Not the previous submission time, The system need to update to the real time.

And of course i also want you further investigate and be sure of what was going on, Your tech team can do plenty of trials to find out.

I will be always looking for updates.

Thanks.

5 Likes