We have read everyone’s feedback on this forum regarding our previous updates to the point system. We have also analyzed the impact, as well as feedback from contest holders. Based on all of the above, we are happy to announce following changes, which should encourage creative participation, as well as limit the participation from those who show a consistent pattern of low ratings from contest holder.
First, here are the changes we are making to the point system:
- Contest Participation: Contestants will continue to earn 40 points for participating in contests, as before.
- High Rated Entries: Contestants will continue to earn 50 and 40 points for 5 star and 4 star ratings respectively
- 3 star Rating: Contestants will now earn 3 points for all entries that are rated 3 stars by CH
- Low Rated Entries: We have reduced the impact of 2 star ratings. Contestants will lose 5 points (instead of 10 points) for 2 star rated entries. For 1 star rating, they will continue to lose 15 points.
- Winning a contest:We have increased the number of points from 100 to 250
- Earning a Bonus: If you receive a bonus from CH, you will now earn 150 points instead of 75 points previously.
We have also modified the rules for maximum number of submissions allowed per contest. The ability to submit additional entries to a contest is now based upon two factors:
a) Your last 6 months rating score (which is calculated as Number of 4 or 5 Star rated entries/ Total number of Rated Entries)
b) Ratings on current contest
Here are the specific rules for number of entries allowed per contest:
- Contestants with six months rating score of 5% or below: 5 entries
- Contestants with six months rating score between 5% and 10%: 10 entries
- Contestants with six months rating score between 10% and 15%: 15 entries
- Contestants with six months rating score between 15% and 20%: 20 entries
- Contestants with six months rating score of 20% or higher: 30 entries
In addition, if you receive at least one high rating (4 or 5 star) on the current contest, you will be allowed to submit bonus 10 entries.
Some examples to illustrate this:
Example 1: You have a rating score of 22%, and you receive one 4 star rating on current contest. You will be allowed to submit a total of 40 entries in the current contest (30 based on your six months rating score, and 10 bonus based upon your current contest rating).
Example 2: You have a rating score of 3%, and you receive two 4 star ratings on current contest. You will be allowed to submit a total of 15 entries in the current contest (5 based on your six months rating score, and 10 bonus based upon your current contest rating).
Example 3: You have a rating score of 18%, and you have not received any high ratings on current contest so far. You will be allowed to submit a total of 20 entries in the current contest.
Therefore, the maximum number of ratings anyone can submit to a contest is 40. On the other hand, the minimum number anyone can submit is 5.
You can see your 6 month rating score on the “Submit Entry” page.
Sorry about the long post, but we hope that these changes will help in rewarding those users who demonstrate a consistent level of high quality submissions, while it will limit the participation from those users who misuse the platform by submitting entries which do not follow CH brief.