Un-Shortlisted is there a better way

Wanted to bring this up to get others feedback, as well as clarification, I have been shortlisted in over 5 contests and in each of them i was removed from the shortlist, one in a contest where there are only 3 other love its, apparently mine was rated a love it but removed from the shortlist right away, I thought most of this was to provide smaller splits for more people, but in most instances i see, the split would actually be less people than the old system if only shortlisted get a piece of the split, . Lastly some kind of nice way to say/notify us we were removed from the shortlist might help ease the pain, as otherwise you get excited you were shortlisted only to click on the contest to find out otherwise.

2 Likes

Hey @seezall … this may or may not apply to the contests you are talking about the Loves move to the shortlist automatically when a contest closes. Then, the CH can still remove them from the shortlist but you keep your love. The shortlist was designed to prevent CHs from downgrading entries after a contest closes. Then secondarily, SH added the shortlist to how they divvy up abandons. And on the splits, the goal wasn’t really smaller splits for more people. It was fairer splits. Sometimes that would mean smaller for more. But for other contests it means like it did before. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi @Seezall. Nice to see you. I am having some issues with the shortlist before the contest closes. I have had several cases now where I will get a Love without a shortlist, and then also a LIKE with a shortlist. I am finding it really hard to read these ratings and how to take them as far as improving on my entry. I feel like the shortlist should not even come into play until the contest is closed. To me, a LOVE that is not shortlisted is really the same as a LIKE or ON THE RIGHT TRACK ??? I also would like a notification that I have been removed from the shortlist as there is no way of knowing unless you go to the entries page (as you mentioned).

1 Like

thats kinda my point it seems redundant,

1 Like

@Commulinks, to get a love it from the CH. and then the ch removing you from the shortlist, kinda hurts for should it go to a split my love it no longer qualifies, so now instead of having a chance of a split in 5 contests, i now have zero chance in those 5. ( despite the gripe) i believe SH did do this to make it easier for more people to get some reimbursement for their hardwork, They have made many positive changes during my absence, as well i get the core value for the ch in having a shortlist ( only if the ch picks the winner)
My belief is that if a ch doesnt follow through, that then their opinion doesnt matter, because their opinion was never fully seen through

3 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face: It’s soooo hard​:zipper_mouth_face: LOL but I can do it :joy:

Well, one of things I have encountered also, is in a contest I am the only love it to be shortlisted…even though I think there are a few other love its.Now if the CH abandons the contest,and SH elevates the other love its to be shortlisted(even though the CH only shortlisted mine…) then that will be kinda lame.

In the long run woild you benefit more or less ffrom
being excluded , ( only shortlisted gets prize,) or included in splits where you are among the top tier of ratings, when the contest goes abandon,
Or simply the CH started the shortlist process but then didnt finish shortlisting and for one reason or another doesnt make it back to finish and it goes abandon

Yeah…hard to know,huh? I guess I am just feeling the sting this month of having a bunch of love its and/or shortlisted names this month…but not being able to translate anything to a win.So I am hoping if a contest is abandoned I’m trending in …I can at least get a decent amount instead of a couple of dollars,I guess.

3 Likes

Fair enough, i get that too, gives you something to “sing” about :grinning:

2 Likes

This is a pet peeve of mine. I get a love or like and I think up names in that vein and direction, only to later find that the entry has been downgraded and that I have been left barking up the wrong tree.

LOL! (twentycharacters)

1 Like

So, a contest having only two love it entries but having 12 shortlisted - and then it is left abandoned means =

All 12 shortlisted peeps get the even split? When technically the CH only LOVED 2 ( and they were part of the shortlisted list?) Grrrrr

OR - does the split only concern the shortlist from the highest ranked entries in the end?

#confused

Only the CH can shortlist names before the contest ends. After it ends all live it ratings are automatically shortlisted. Then the CH can remove any names they’re not interested in. If they abandon their contest, then it is dplit between all shortlisted creatives.
Keep in mind just because it says 12 entries are shortlisted, doesn’t mean that there are 12 creatives that will share the win. Creatives can have more than one entry shortlisted

3 Likes

Sorry for the typos, spellcheck doesn’t spell very well lol

3 Likes

Ah-ha! Thanks LisaMac :ok_hand: Again, clarification for my learning brain…

All Love it ratings are automatically entered to the shortlist after the closing of a contest ? ( My ego thinking I’m a genius with all my shortlisted entries until now, lol )

But, another sift through entries, and the CH will choose the indefinite chosen entries to keep.

If the contest is abandoned, not ALL shortlisted entries are per SH namer, so the # of shortlist does not determine the # of splits.

AH-ha! :wink: By-George- I think I’ve got it! :bulb:

1 Like

Yes!!! It could be three creatives with 12 shortlisted entries

Right, and the only way to tell the true number is by looking at the ‘contestant’ tab and counting how many creatives have a shortlisted name (it will say “(‘x’ high rated, ‘x’ shortlisted)” ) so just find the ones that have a shortlisted one and count how many people do :slight_smile: although in my experience this has sometimes been a significant number and then you just cross your fingers at that point that the contest isn’t abandoned.

Edit: in my opinion, I rather go back to the luck of the draw way with random splits because at that point with most of these contests you stood a chance to get more after seeing a dozen or more contests that have more than 10 creatives on the shortlist. Just my opinion, though.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the clarification! I’m still ‘iffy’ about the new rule. I do appreciate greatly that everyone gets awarded for the top tier hard work. So, something is better than nothing. But, I do agree @rareworthy, that it is a bummer to only receive 5$ if/when you are the top leader in a $300 contest - although you could have not won any money at all, the old way. Frustratingly, I had lost about 5 contests that had been abandoned and I was checking everyday. I lost without gaining any winnings at all,I was not one of the randoms chosen with the algorithm. :disappointed_relieved: And, only after I had lost 5 out of the 7 I was watching, did the rules change. I was awarded a total of $9 in the new way, which I’m happy to say I am $9 richer! HA! I have been missing the mark lately, so I am a little defeated feeling. All in all I do like the guaranteed prize, if the contest goes into abandonment. If it all comes down to some or nothing - i’ll take my earnings :money_with_wings:

1 Like