The winning name for a contest same as my name :/ One Small variation

Hi everyone, it has been a while since I have been on Squadhelp. Probably over a year or so. I am trying to get the feel for this all over again. My question is , has any of you ever picked a name that was basically the same as a chosen winner ? The only difference is that the winning name used “N” and I used “And”. I am very happy for the winner ! Great minds sure do think alike ! Mine was also a love it :green_heart:. At least I know I am getting back in the groove of things and picking winning names. I realize these things can happen and all it takes is a miner variation. I have to admit I am just a tad frustrated , amused and at the same time very happy for
the winner!!! Congrats! Lol

3 Likes

Welcome back. Yes unfortunately this does happen occasionally. Example I missed the mark on a tagline conest once. Mine was. …plus tagline- the winner was…dots. I got not warning that a similar entry had been submitted and idk if the winner received the warning. Anywho great minds do think alike as you say. Happy Naming!!

2 Likes

I lost one because the winner had an “s” on the end, and another because I used “my” and the winner used “our”. Frustrating, but just part of the game, I guess. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s happened to me several times!

1 Like

well, something similar.
I entered a contest too late and that same name I wanted to enter…was chosen as a winner. :))

1 Like

Wow! I am sorry to hear it has happened to others but at the same time I am relieved. It is nice to know I am not the only one who has had that happen and had similar feelings. I do realize it is part of the game however it was one of those “REALLY!!!” moments. :blush:

2 Likes

On the other hand, I’ve also won contests by one letter…

I have lost contests because I spelled the word correctly and the winner did not. Also have lost to having 2 words transposed. Or lost because mine had an “s” at the end. It is frustrating but comforting to know it’s not just me!

2 Likes