The lost art of rating

it seems to have become a lost art - all Im getting at the moment are old contests where they reduced by 4s and 3s to twos

4 Likes

Hello! Laurel here, new to Squadhelp.

Is there something that tells the CH that one-star ratings are for people who don’t follow the brief? I’ve seen it mentioned in comments a lot (I can’t comment because I’m too new.)

But it happens so often that I am just curious if this is actually explained to the CH at some point. I’m kinda tired of one-stars when I’ve followed the brief :frowning:

1 Like

laurel, This CH in particular had used SH before and may be relying on what the rating system used to be like, But Admin does send a brief that includes ratings etc… that explains the process and the best way(s) to get the best name. Some I imagine may not read it thoroughly .

Also commenting publicly/privately on the ratings you get prob isn’t advised per Admins comment policies

Hey Seezall,

Whooops! Sorry for the flub! In any case, I am a five-star girl in a one-star body! Actually, I wasn’t talking about any contest in particular. I’ve seen several strings which remind the CH about the ratings system, and I signed up less than a month ago. That’s why I was wondering if the CH’s even knew about it! It appears they do, but …hmph.

That there is just the lumps of the game generally why I don’t go gung ho off the bat and wait to see what ratings there giving,

But Hey, I see your trending in that comp, so way to go!

Got it off the bat now I cant come up with anything better,

For this comp? Maybe I’ll throw in a couple of entries, if I can think of anything haha

Good Lord, I haven’t even begun to figure out how trending works yet. If there are 12 four-star entries and zero five-star entries, then how do they pick which four-star entries are trending?

I think trending is based on the contestant with the highest (and most high rated) ratings. So if there are no 5 stars, and say you had 3 4star entries out of say 10 4star entries, then you be will be trending. It doesn’t mean you will win, since there would be 7 other entries being considered (had my share of trending, and never won yet), but in this comp, even though the highest rated is 3 stars, you are still trending because almost everyone elses ratings are below you. And because this competition is guaranteed to pay, it gives you a ‘higher’ chance of having a submission selected.
So yeah, trending is amazing, but I have learnt not to lose sleep over it :wink:

1 Like

Wow. That is … well, I’m going to dream about what you just said. I’m sure I can work it out in my subconscious mind :smile:

On another note, does guaranteed mean that SH will pay you if the CH doesn’t? If it’s not guaranteed, do the CH’s just run off into the night?

1 Like