"Tell me the secret to winning"

I’ve recieved this type of message over and over again.
Sometimes going as far as contacting me via Facebook.
Sometimes going as far as threatening me over other forms of communication.
In the beginning I entertained this sort of message, but recently I’ve just started ignoring them.
If you’ve messaged me and I haven’t responded, I apologize.

Guys. There is no secret. There is no algorithm.
At one point I even had someone saying squadhelp was the one awarding me contests, and that soon my winning would be over because they would get bored of me.

Newcomers.
Squadhelp does not do this. There is no favoritism. There are no cheat codes.
The creatives who win are dedicated.
The secret is time and thought.
They started at the bottom too.
They had their share of no thank yous.
They have been discouraged too.
Don’t give up.
This is all a learning process.

Rant over.

@littodino You said it all… It’s all dedication…

Wow, it is outrageous you have received threats.

Congratulations on all your success.

It takes TIME and DEDICATION!!! Thinking inside the box and outside the box and doing industry research … NEVER GIVE UP

I agree. looking at my own entries and those of Namers who have consistently won contests, there really is no “formula” for Namers,because really, everything is up to the Client.sometimes they pick awesome names we’ve suggested, and sometimes they pick ones which have just been tossed out there that we see have won a contest and go, “Really?? That’s what you picked as a winner?? You kidding me?”

Just read the brief and put your best stuff forward. And if your best suggestions aren’tgetting Any bites, figure out why…That’s the best idea on how to win contests.

Hi littodino,

Its sad that you have to face this kinda scrutiny. :hugs: Funny that they think there is a secret to winning lolz… Maybe you should just tell them “good karma” henceforth ROFL.

Regarding the threats, have you reported this to SH?? That’s totally shocking!

Wishing you more success :slight_smile:

best,
Anita

The truth is there. Let’s all learn how to be dedicated and hard working even if it don’t pay. One day it will click.

You are a true inspiration to me!! :slight_smile:

I am sure if I bothered to submit to more contests I could win, but it really does take a surprising amount of time and effort in doing so, so much respect to you all guys and gals dedicating your time like this, you all deserve to be winners! :slight_smile: