Summer Festival Contest

Did anybody else notice this win? https://www.squadhelp.com/domainContest/4919/Need_a_name_for_a_summer_festival

Seems a little odd, since Summer of 2015 ended many months ago!

5 Likes

Maybe CH is going to use it for 2016 but no one entered SummerFest 2016?

1 Like

I agree though… kind of odd… haha

I hope you are right Kim! Congrats on your first win!!! I am becoming a bit discouraged by putting so much time into contests only to see them end up with sketchy winners… So I hope you’re correct that this isn’t a sham contest!

3 Likes

Check to see when the CH and winner signed up. It’s the same day give a day or two, you might want to contact SH team to look into it.

Summerfest is already the name of Milwaukee, WI’s summer festival which generally lasts about two weeks. I’m kind of surprised about the 2015 part, too, though I did consider submitting the name. The CH wouldn’t answer me when I directly asked which city it was in, and I guessed it might be Menlo Park since his name is MPChamber. I agree that it’s worth checking out. :confused:

2 Likes

It’s very suspicious final of contest.

2 Likes

Not creative at all. New member. Wrong year.
I guess we will see.

6 Likes

WHATTTTT we must have S T U P I D tattooed on our foreheads
ANYBODY NOTICE THE NAME bigdaddyCISCO AS IN SANFRANCISCO!!!

4 Likes

big daddy hasnt entered any contests since this one - maybe the win will encourage him to enter more ;-(

2 Likes

At least be more creative about it

2 Likes

ooooohhhhh @dan can you look at this contest please sir?
I actually did some research on Cali and found that was where the phrase Eureka I’ve found it originated, so I did Eureka Fun Festival. He rated a few members to cast off suspicion and then took his money back . Yeesh. Good catch Seez, I didn’t notice that Cisco

1 Like

I never would have thought to enter the date in the name. I thought they were looking for a core name for a festival and the date would be added. Geesh, maybe I DO have “DOH” tattooed on my forehead.
Nope, I checked. It just has wrinkles but they don’t spell anything. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

He is from Arcata, California.

We will investigate this contest. Copying @Janice on this thread.

6 Likes

Ty Dan::::waving at Janice:::ty Janice

5 Likes

Thanks, Dan: I learned earlier today that “Summerfest” is either copywrited or trademarked as the name of the Milwaukee festival.

2 Likes

So this may be a silly question, but when CH’s want a name and not a URL as in this case, does it have to be a name that’s not trademarked? I know in this case, Summerfest is not original at all.

Sometimes a CH will specifically say 'trademark friendly" or whatever, but even if they don’t, I assume they need a name that’s not trademarked yet. I do do a trademark check myself on all my names not requiring a URL, but just want to check if I am doing the right thing by checking the trademark on everything, even if the specific contest doesn’t have the trademark check.

Sorry, that was very waffly!

2 Likes

Here’s the link to the trademark status of “Summerfest”: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4802:h9d6jv.2.12

1 Like

The search comes back empty as in ‘unpatentable’ ?