Suggested points usage

Apologies if this has been brought up somewhere else.
I was wondering if it is an idea to allow extra submissions to be purchased (perhaps a maximum of two) for perhaps 50-100 points. I have fallen to a lower level of submissions and have on a few occasions found myself in this situation. You have maybe got a “like” or two and believe you are on “a home run” from feedback. Alas you have no entries left. Very frustrating, esp. when trying to attain a higher percentage rating.
Anyway if controlled within narrow limits, I would say it is a good way to use earned points.
Any thoughts fellow creators and SH.

2 Likes

I couldn’t see where it would hurt much , all though it could cause a flood of entries if there are users with a lot of points but are limited. but then again there could be a limit per contest.

Kind of like, “I’d like to buy a vowel?”

err umm Dan, I’d like to buy an entry :smile:

It’s a great idea! …maybe to quell the entry floods, you can only do it if you get an On Track or above.

4 Likes

I think it will help on those contests where they change their mind every hour on what they want us to try, then change their mind, now try this, nope, let 's try this, how about this, maybe try this…

3 Likes

I would end up with the 1/2 Car )

3 Likes

Great idea!
I’d like to add another idea,like selling our orange faces back to sh.
in the set amount sh admins suggests of course.They could be forever outta of site.
what y’all think? I could free up a whole lot of space
and offer up a big batch of points real quick like;)

1 Like

Thanks for replies. As far as a flood of entries, I would suggest maybe 2 or 3 purchased entries/ day or along those lines. Also, as said when a CH changes there direction it can leave you out on a limb. If your losing points each time I would envisage it only being used if you have a “Golden” name to submit.

3 Likes

What I would like to do is use my points to buy a ‘like’ or ‘love’ face :wink:

1 Like

@LauraE here are some love faces for free :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: sorry they are not green :wink:

2 Likes

I’d like to go all the way and buy a contest win with points in abandoned contests. Maybe trade 10,000 points for a win.

2 Likes

Hmm on unrated abandon contests would make it fun if it was" auctioned "off (of course that’s not practical) but ooh man you wanna see people hit zero points fast…

2 Likes

@ChristyMay

Thank You!! It’s the thought that counts. I can only dream of seeing that many green faces lining up in a column on my activity page.

1 Like

@Lightless and @seezall,

You two have quite the enterprising minds!

I’d love to find some use for this ton-load of points I just have sitting here doing nothing.

2 Likes

In May Dan did say they would announce other uses for the point system “in the future.”

3 Likes

I would like to see our points convert to cash or to use to be paid when our urls are registered when SH can’t collect. Mostly, I would simply like points to become cash money.

1 Like

I agree, a simple points for cash, as well as one or two other incentives would be highly be very beneficial to the system.
e.g. 10 dollars for 1000pts. Nothing to leave your job about but a background incentive. Surely accumulating points for the sake of it is not the way forward. I nevertheless think SH is an excellent site, regardless.

2 Likes

They already said they can’t give cash for points in prior thread.

1 Like