Some Fabulous News

Just in case anyone may be interested…I am a singer, and this last weekend (plus) I took some time off SH and went and competed in a two day singing competition.

Long story short…it was a really tough competition…but somehow I was able to pull off a win! So I am the grand champion for 2016!

I won a gold medal for winning the women’s division…then in the sing off against the male 1st place winner…I won…so that gave me a trophy and $. So I just thought I would share my good news with everyone.It was totally fun, and I am excited to win.

22 Likes

So cool, Holly! I’m a singer as well! I don’t perform much anymore but I did when I lived in Los Angeles. Congrats to you! That must have felt amazing!!!

3 Likes

Congrats Holly ! I bet that was just what you needed.

2 Likes

well done - I sing in tune in my head, but when it comes out they would pay me not to sing

12 Likes

Congrats @hollygirl! What was your winning song?

2 Likes

I love happy news. Thanks for sharing, and huge congratulations. :smile:

4 Likes

Thank you!
I sang country songs throughout most of the competition.I won the female contest with “Broken Wing” by Martina McBride…but for the final sing off I actually sang a modified version of “Over The Rainbow”. Thanks for asking!

9 Likes

Holly, when I read the first message, I immediately thought this was a country music style. I like country music. Congratulations on this wonderful victory!

3 Likes

Well Done, HollyGirl! Good to hear that you were successful and had a good time.
Though I must confess, I much more relate to Jose. Even my dog covers her ears, when I sing…or make that try to. :grin: lol. Thought I would mention, my dog’s name is Holly. I call her miss holly. I call her a lot of things…lol. Congrats!

3 Likes

The only time I could carry a tune was in the *80’s with a boombox on my shoulder LOL,

7 Likes

Congratulations, Hollygirl!!! How exciting!

5 Likes

The same thing with me, @Jose . Years and Years ago, I had one person tell me I was the worst singer he had ever heard. Crushing.

5 Likes

Congratulations @Holly!

3 Likes

Congrats @hollygirl! Awesome :grinning:

2 Likes

Congratz Holly! :crown:

4 Likes

Congratulations, Holly! I’m not a singer, but I love to dance, so I’ll be doing a happy dance for you!

4 Likes

@hollygirl, It’s a cliche you must’ve heard a hundred times, but good golly, miss Holly Molly ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations to you Holly! Maybe you can post a clip on here?

2 Likes

Thank you so much,everyone! It was such a welcome surprise.

Unfortunately as far as I know none of my performances were filmed,which is disappointing…but since it was a few hours from my house, I didn’t have anyone there to support me. It was suggested that I check Youtube to see if a random person may have filmed and posted anything…but so far nothing.

3 Likes

Congratulations Holly! That’s sounds fun.

1 Like