Shortlisted to Short Lived

Has anyone experienced , when your entry gets shortlisted, then you don’t see it anymore as short listed? Well, I have and it is so freaking disappointing. I call it shortlisted to short lived. Now, my blood pressure went up! Taking a break for a bit!

7 Likes

It happens… probably can be alot of things for example trademarking issues … CH found something better that resonates with their MANTRA, BUSINESS, OR CORE IDEAS… It happens to me all the time … JUST KEEP PUSSSSHING ON!.. Dont let it get you down!!! I was Short listed in a contest recent Top Trending Creative with I thing maybe 3-4 shortlisted entries and the CH chose something not entered and the reward was split to 3 others and I just sucked it up and realize there is another creative challenge ahead. Stay POSITIVE AND STAY CREATIVE!!! ALSO REMEMBER SH I am sure is ecouraging the CH to NARROW the SL down to 6 or so entries to streamline the process and prevent abandoned contests

1 Like

Yes, this happens to me at times and it’s super frustrating!! Grr

2 Likes

Even when the CH tells you, I love it. It’s a strong contender. What am I suppose to think? I’m hopeful that I could actually win this one and provide more entries, but then, it’s like a switcheroo in the mood compartment, nah! What a bummer!

3 Likes

The CH has a vision in their head of a business and that is why the reach out to us for a name… then they realize after seeing entries that it may inspire a different direction…EACH contest will have a level of ADHD but it is no ones fault it is just the AVENUE of creativity it is LIKE a LABYRINTH …BE INSPIRED!!!

3 Likes

I know what you mean. That’s why I asked if there is any way to notify us if we’ve been unshortlisted instead of having to go back thru every contest and check. There’s a closed contest where I had 2 out of the 6 shortlistings. Suddenly yesterday, I found I now only had one shortlisting. Now I checked again and I have zero shortlistings. It’s so disappointing to be trending…then have your shortlistings all disappear.And especially if it is after the contest is closed, you can’t do a thing about it. You think you are in the running for a win…then pow…the rug is pulled out from under you.

3 Likes

The way I keep up with my shortlisted or unshorlisted is via the smartalert. .I like that feature that way if I want to track down added or removed i can then go to the drop down box in my activities feed to see the change. I’ve not been participating as much as I have had 2 new distractions named Reighlyn and Brooklyn. .love the little dears ages 11mths and 3 yrs old. …very time consumming. .but with great rewards!! Hang in there:):slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you and I were in that one too!!! I feel ya… or maybe if they could change the drop down menu
to SL contests
and we can select active or closes etc

2 Likes

There is no current way (that I know of) to find out when you have been removed from a shortlist by the activity feed. This is a feature that I really wish was added and I know several of us have mentioned how helpful it would be to know when you have been removed from a shortlist so you can make adjustments to the name. I think it is just as important as knowing when you have gone from a “love it” to a “like it”. Just my thought on this … there are many so many positive things here at squadhelp but that one change would be helpful.

4 Likes

No it’s not an added feature in activities that’s not what I meant…IF I confused anyone I’m sorry.I meant when I see my shortlist decrease in the smart alert…I can go to activities feed dropdown and click shortlisted(I keep an eye on my shortlist) so I pretty much can tell which one got bumped…plus I don’t get a huge amount of shorlisted-so may be easier for me to keep track of.I do agree that having a clickable de-shorlisted would be beneficial.

Hi @Marye5, when you have time could you tell me what the smart alert is? That is something I have missed learning about, that sounds very helpful and a good way to keep track of the shortlisted. :slight_smile:

All the time @mivex58! Sometimes I think the CH just hit the wrong button to begin with. Other times, some other creative did something much better that bumped me off. Grrrr!!! <<<>>>> <3 <3

Sure. .the smart alert is a pop up feature that should be visible each time you open "My Contest "tap. It list things such as how many high rated entries you have pending as well as your shortlisted entries, etc. I find it very helpful. Hope this helps :grinning:

1 Like

Am tired of the whole thing, maybe SH should try and prevent CH from removing shortlisted entry, perhaps adding the option of audience test rather than shortlisted. However, it shouldn’t disrupt split in case of abandoned contest.

2 Likes

If a name has been removed from shortlist after the contest is closed, then it’s technically not abandoned. CH is still working through the entries.
I’ve had entries added and removed from the shortlist after the contest has closed. I’ve also won contests with unrated entries where there were shortlisted names. I’ve stopped trying to figure out what the CH was thinking. I keep my sanity that way lol

2 Likes

Welcome to my world, @miyvex58! It’s so depressing that I found I’ve lost my zeal. Is that what you’re experiencing too?

1 Like

Yes, sometimes! It’s ridiculous and frustrating. It’s been happening a lot, lately, so I’ve completely lost it. My husband said, get off the computer until you chill out. And that’s what I did.

3 Likes

I’ve been doing a lot of that too.

Orange faces used to get us down the most… now it is unshortlisting. I will say that I still really like shortlisting because it really does tell you if you are in the running or not. It’s just that I don’t love the “not” part!! LOL. I try to remember this: We’ve always had “downgrading” going on and it basically had the same impact on splits. Shortlisting is just a tier, the same as loves used to be and down the line. On to the next contest, I say!

3 Likes