SH selected winners

@Dan How come SH is not closing out older contests before awarding “newer” contests. There are guaranteed contests 2 months old and a month and 20 days old, yet you are awarding contest that barely hit the one month mark? Why are they not awarded in order when they hit the “past due” time frame?

2 Likes

I often wonder that to Jackie, some even are just a few days older than the recent picks, yet they were bypassed, wonder how the bot chooses or are they fed manually to the bot ? Admin?

2 Likes

I asked this question not long ago and Dan said for those contests they had communications from the CH about holding off.

2 Likes

@Dan I was wondering the same thing about this one: Contest Winner Disqualified

It’s over two months old.

1 Like

I was thinking about that one also.Thanks for bringing it up.

1 Like

@jackieheraty,

Although our goal is to close out the oldest contests first there are few exceptions to the process which are described in our abandoned contest policy. I am copying the relevant section below:

Our goal is to ensure a winner is selected by contest holder in as many cases as possible. Therefore, even though our policy is to award the abandoned contests after 30 days, we sometimes defer the winner selection if there is an active communication with the CH. We also hold off on winner selection if there is an issue with the contest which needs to be resolved with the CH. If you see a contest that is late to be awarded, rest assured that we are actively working on resolving the issue to achieve the most fair outcome for the contest.

@Alex27, we will be announcing the new winner shortly. Sorry about the delay - there are certain situations in which we need a bit more time given the issues involved. We expect to close this contest this week.

1 Like