Rejection Depression Syndrome (RDS)

That makes me laugh. It is fun to see if there are any patterns during a winning phase. ie what did I eat? what music did I listen to? what contest types were these? I must admit, we must be overdue for an adult toys contest because those ones are definitely the most fun! :):rofl:

10 Likes

OMG, Lisa!!! - I really needed that laugh today. :rofl:

8 Likes

The real laugh was the conversation that ensuedā€¦
Him:. ā€œPssst, hey there girl. .wanna get drunk, high and busy?ā€
Me: laughing as my 24 year old son walks into the room ā€¦shakes his head and walks out.

10 Likes

ROFLMBO!!! :laughing:

6 Likes

This thread is life right now. I love you ALL. I will update with my recent diagnosis in a bit. Right now the nice young men in the clean white coats are coming to take me away. Theyā€™ve taken my computer and put my into a nice bouncy room with mattresses on the walls and floors and they gave me this cool fashionable jacket that lets me hug and console myself while they feed me applesauce. Apparently Iā€™m going to a farm and it will be fun. The name of the farm is the funny farm. What a great name, right? Maybe they have unicorns that puke Skittles like that giraffe commercial. And I got to talk on a coconut phone the other day to a nice Jamaican man and he handed me an almond Joy through the coconut. I tell you this RDS is something. That farm better be fun and I invite you all to visit. Apparently all the rooms have mattresses everywhere and we could turn it into a bouncy house. The funny farm is going to be a party! Oh shoot I have to go. They say that life is beautiful all the time there and that the clouds dance with green faces. Iā€™ll forward an address soon!!

17 Likes

Boy, did you just take me on a trippy ride down memory lane LOL

5 Likes

What are these elusive green faces I hear about ??? :joy:

6 Likes

not sure which is worse rds or ITR syndrome, In the Runningā€¦been checking obsessively for days, only known cure, contest holder decision. Then there is the common marketplace madness, which results in wide eyes messy hair and constant mumbling to oneself.

5 Likes

hey SH, we are a hoot. Joke writing contests?

6 Likes

Hey Iā€™m on board for this. Maybe writing in general. Jokes, articles, reviews, blog posts, etc. Thatā€™s actually a legit idea. A good one too. Great minds working together here. Everyone and @grant what do you think? I know ā€¦ this should go into hti (how to improve) but itā€™s following conversation and kinda in the moment. I think it could really expand on the help and services that could be offered. I know Iā€™d participate a lot. #lovewriting

7 Likes

After watching Joker, one has to wonder if writing jokes is a good career path for this specific RDS suffering group of peopleā€¦

5 Likes

They are figments of someones twisted imagination, like leprechauns and Epstein suicideā€¦ None of it is real :smiley:

3 Likes

And how about humorous one-liners, and cartoon captions? :thinking:

5 Likes

Love that idea too. Thereā€™s many options that such can apply for businesses and brands. Think of how in the past decade or even half decade that many many big well known brands have shifted at times to using humor across social media or advertising to get reactions, make people smile, and create a more laid back approach with warmth and wit that draws in a different type of attention. If done right a business or brand can get more notoriety by utilizing such. When businesses are too serious too much of the time, brands and product lines or service offerings can come across more stiff and stuffy and only useful for necessity versus more lifestyle integration.

4 Likes

I would work on a campaign or writing project with any one of youā€¦which leads us toā€¦The SH convention!

4 Likes

Nothing is more painful than having shortlisted entries in abandoned contests :smile:
after all its not Christmas everyday, i joined SH May 2,2019 and won twice within the first 2 weeks, i thought everything would be easy peasy for me, but anyway learning and focus arenā€™t like a walk in the park. i wish i could dedicate more time here if possible. Goodluck to all of Us Creatives!

6 Likes

Iā€™m afraid my RDS has progressed to AAH syndrome (Angry as Heck) with todayā€™s chaching.

4 Likes

Sorry clinks. Focus on changing what you can. put something happy music Movie walkā€¦

3 Likes

I love it SPRINGsteen in their step. thanks for sharing the link.

5 Likes

I can think of one thing that is just a teensy bit more painful than having a Shortlisted entry in an abandoned contestā€¦ Itā€™s having a Shortlisted entry (one of 3) that sat for months and months while the CH was AWOL. They finally came back for about 10 minutes, just enough time to remove my entry from the Shortlist (leaving the other 2 there). When the contest was finally abandoned, of the course the Cha-Ching was a two way split, not a three-waysā€¦ Oh boy, so frustrating, especially as it was a higher value contest and even a 3 way split would have been great!

12 Likes