Recent Changes to Marketplace and other Platform Updates

Based upon your feedback, we have made the following changes to our platform:

1. Domain Marketplace Related Changes

• We will now deduct 100 points (instead of 500 points) if your name is approved for the domain marketplace.

• You will now receive double points if your entry is Liked or Loved in a SH Domain Marketplace contest.

• You are no longer allowed to submit an entry to the marketplace if someone else has submitted that entry to an active or pending contest. However, if you have submitted the same entry to an active or pending SH contest, you will still be allowed to submit the same name in marketplace for approval. Please note, however, that if your name wins the pending SH contest, you will only receive the award amount associated with that contest.

• You can no longer submit a name to marketplace if someone else has already submitted the same name previously in the marketplace.

2. Other Changes

• Your “Like It” Entries will no longer be locked. If you have a Like It entry in an Active or Pending contest, you are allowed to submit it to another contest. Only “Love It” entries will be locked from submission to another contest if the original contest is still pending.

• If your entry is removed from a shortlist, you will now receive a notification in your activity feed

23 Likes

When does this go into effect please? I tried to submit an entry in another contest that had a like it rating in a closed contest…but it would not let me. Thanks

@grant Thanks for changes. I have now a submitted name in the pending contest. And this name is for sale in the Instant Domain Marketplace by other creative. What is the way to solve this collision?

I like it. Only a pity that I lost 1500 points instead of 300 for 3 instant domains! : 0)

1 Like

It’s nice and depressing both to get a notification that your name was removed from the shortlist…(I just got the notification unfortunately…) but what puzzled me is they removed my name from the shortlist as they were choosing the name.So if they already chose the name…why bother with taking my name off the shortlist? Then they chose someone who wasn’t shortlisted.Kinda puzzling.

3 Likes

Please use the Blue Button to work with the customer service team directly.

1 Like

Thanks, @grant. Already done.

1 Like

Hello @grant, Great to see such meaningful improvements. Thanks a lot for your continuous efforts. I request that you also have a look at the domain registration reporting policy for improvements. Minor changes may help to discourage registration without compensation. Thanks.

4 Likes

Grant I would just like to compliment SH again, since this was a very recent issue brought up by creatives, that you heard and deemed it a valid concern and acted so quickly with an effective solution fair to CH and Creatives just speaks volumes.

5 Likes

This sound Interesting

@ Grant…According to this post…“Your “Like It” Entries will no longer be locked. If you have a Like It entry in an Active or Pending contest, you are allowed to submit it to another contest. Only “Love It” entries will be locked from submission to another contest if the original contest is still pending.”

When will this go into effect please? I have a like it entry in a contest that ended two months ago but hasn’t been awarded…yet when I tried to enter it in another contest it wouldn’t let me…saying it was entered in an active contest.

1 Like

@hollygirl - This update had been made. Please report the specific occurrence of this issue using the Blue Button, and we’ll look into it for you.

1 Like