Rating percentages wildly fluctuating

Is anyone else having their ratings wildly fluctuate? In the last two weeks or so I have gone from 86%, down to 81%,then back up to 84%,then to 82%…then back up to 83.5% when I went to bed last night…then this morning I am down to 80%…the lowest my rating has ever been since I started here. How can my ratings drop 3.5% overnight?? I am getting love its and short listings…so it makes no sense. Is anyone else experiencing this? If it drops anymore…then I will be under the magic 80%…and a whole lot of things will change for me in my ability to do contests without restrictions.I about give up.

6 Likes

I don’t think you have anything to worry about hollygirl - see Method 4 :relaxed:

1 Like

I haven’t had wild fluctuation but I have had more significant fluctuation from day to day than I ever had before. I wonder what is different?

2 Likes

I have Holly. My percentage dropped 4 points when I woke up this morning. I’ve given up trying to understand this system.

6 Likes

Holly, Grant said this in another string (Contestant Pause Button String)
“As a reminder, your percentile score works based upon the percentage of high ratings you receive compared to the percentage of high ratings your peers receive.”

So what this would mean if nothing else has changed is that our peers are receiving much higher ratings in the most recent period of time. So your fluctuation could mean that, based on what he said. I do know that my scores never varied much from day to day before so what “feels” like could have changed recently is that the scores are updated much more often than before.

Grant also said they are working on a new algorithm for scores that will take into account the differences between loves, likes and on the right tracks. (I thought that is what the algo did already but apparently not). So we may see more changes. You said you have been getting love its and shortlists but right now it sounds to me like the algo isn’t distinguishing those from on the right tracks. So that would mean that “all ratings above no thank you” are being treated equally. You could be getting loves, but combined with all of your ratings over no they may not be impacting your score like you think they would.

That’s how I understand how it works at present based on Grant’s messaging on this subject.

1 Like

We’re also only being compared to other namers. You see, they put us as our own group now and away from the logo/graphic artists. This is one of the reasons it’s fluctuating so much, most logo people and their ratings held us all pretty steady but now we’re seeing how CHs are really rating wildly for the namer community. At least that’s what it seems like to me.

4 Likes

I won two contests this week and mine is down to 73% and I am shortlisted on 25 contests… it is very disheartening

4 Likes

Almost the same issue. i pay no attention anymore.

3 Likes

Oh, You’re all genius, my friends. My rating fell down from 67 to 57 for 2 days. And I got likes & loves too. Das ist Fantastische!

1 Like

Oh my gosh, Rare, that is it!

1 Like

I really think it could be. I mean, Grant said they were going to separate us. And given how CHs tend to rate with the dropping most into NTYs or having both a lot of NTYs and a lot of either likes or loves (whichever high one they decide to use) will cause a lot of fluctuations, at least I think it would. It makes sense, at the very least. I’m a little dusty of my statistics but I am not rusted completely out with them – but I always admit I could be wrong. But if I’m not and this is the case, it could show other areas of possible improvements.

2 Likes