Props/ Got something nice to say?

I want to give props to TippiHeiden for “The Marilyn on Monroe”. Given the contest parameters, that is an exceptional piece of creative thinking and a deserved winner.

4 Likes

You beat me too it Lightless ) I concur I would always be happy to lose to a name like this )

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I hope it works for them and brings that younger crowd to reside there.

1 Like

Thank you, there are only some contests that I feel creative enough to enter. You guys are all amazing.

1 Like

Thank you, @seezall. I’m not (maybe was not) a forum kind of person, so I’m reading this just know. :slight_smile: Those 150 were a great confidence boost.

1 Like

You Bead it outta me Way to go Sobeadit with some creative fire, Slurpy another fine win as well, Annemede. auntshommy and JackieH , KelKat (On paste and Copy) again and yet again ))))))))) Logoist Munyuk and Rocky Sweet Logos Congrats Merrymary,Anjy and mostcreative on your 1st wins

1 Like

Congratulations @KelKat on your “SocialApron” name! I believe that passed the Alexandra Watkins test with flying colors!

KelKat(on copy and paste) 3 tots, Way to go Girl )

2 Likes

the scratch it - hmmm a lot fail on the first lol

Spelling-challenged – looks like a typo

Copycat – similar to competitor’s names

Restrictive – limits future growth

Annoying – hidden meaning, forced

Tame – flat, descriptive, uninspired

Curse of Knowledge – only insiders get it

Hard-to-pronounce – not obvious, unapproachable

1 Like

Huh @Jose what is the scratch it

the rules for scratching the first name you thought of lol

2 Likes

@Jose I’ve had a lot of those

personally Id enter the ones that fail the scratch it test , they seem to do well lol

2 Likes

Oh lord, I thought competing with Naynay, Moretal and Jackie was bad enough, and along come Kelkat, Sobeadit and Songslurp. It is as if the universe wants me to pack my bags and leave Squadhelp. :smile:

2 Likes

No test can predict what names resonate with Contest holders. I’ve had plenty of EUREKA! names rated depressingly low and thoughtless word-vomit win contests.

5 Likes

(Greatly relieved to be submitting under the radar,) I compete mostly with myself, but also with every contestant mentioned and not mentioned whose winning entries are so perfectly designed for a contest that they seem more like answers to a question than winning names. This includes everyone old and new, unless the contestant joined SH just to submit in one contest. I have been astonished by the brilliance of so many of you, and since I have an unrelated professional background, “learned the trade” by studying the best work here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

@jose If I had won a contest, I could say “I know what you mean” :wink:

On one contest, I came up with a name, that I thought was a true winner, I was patting myself on the back as I submitted it, then waited until my 4 or 5 stars would surely emerged from my screen. What emerged was 2 stars with a big slice of Humble Pie…

2 Likes

yeah no one likes my best ones either lol

If there is a formula for a name that is a surefire winner and which the benefactor loves, I haven’t found it in my 6 or 7 years of naming things for fun and profit.

Ask KelKat she seems to have the formula. Winning everything.

2 Likes