Probably a silly question, but

If a winning name is “Private Submission”, does it mean that’s the actual name that was chosen - or does it mean the name was submitted privately? I just wondered because I’ve seen that as a winning name twice in the last month, so it confused me. But I’m pretty sure that names can’t be submitted privately. If it’s a silly question, go ahead and laugh. :smile:

2 Likes

That crossed my mind at first too Dianna (lol) but I am sure the CH doesn’t want the name shown yet. Maybe they want time to buy the domain or trademark the name :slight_smile:

1 Like

The contest holder requests to keep the winning name private and not public. Probably don’t want their name new name out until they are ready to protect it from prying eyes.

2 Likes

Yep.Jackie and ChristyMay are right.They want to be sure they can get the domain sewed up and such and not risk someone seeing the name and beating them to it.

It hit me just a few minutes ago that that’s probably what it is. With the way it looked and everything, it just didn’t occur to me at first. Duh. :smile: Thanks, y’all!

1 Like