Pricing Updates - SH Registered Listings and Future Approvals

From time to time we conduct pricing reviews on SH registered domains. We have completed a major review as of this week, and you may notice a price increase on several of your names that were registered by SH. This increase is in line with what we believe to be the current value and market demand for these names.

Here are some other points that will go in effect immediately:

1. All SH registered listings have been repriced to a minimum pricing level of $2199 or above.
  2. Going forward, the Minimum approved price for any new SH registered domains will be $2199.
  3. We will also follow a revised pricing strategy for any newly approved seller owned domains going forward.

We will continue to review our pricing strategy to ensure that the domains are priced in line with their current value, with a goal to maximize the revenue potential for our sellers.

3 Likes

Thanks for staying on top. Quite necessary.

1 Like

Thanks for the adjustments :+1:

With the wild inflation rate, keeping prices the same would effectively be lowering them.

1 Like

Grant, I noticed the prices have not been changed on Afternic. What will happen in this situation?

1 Like

I am imploring SH to allow us to super lower the price of the domains we own if that is our choice. While the name I have is a good name it will NEVER sell at that price. EVER. Instead I pay on it every year. If SH would allow us to do super bargain prices to move these domains then everyone wins. I would love to drop it to $500. I think it would go in a heartbeat then. I would no longer be paying for it and I’d be happy to split that with SH just to move it. I’m so glad I only own one name here. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

@LorinsEggshells SH is a price-controlled marketplace. If SH allowed “super bargain prices,” it would create a race to the bottom in pricing, dragging down the value of all names on the marketplace, and everyone would lose.

4 Likes

Brandlander, I disagree on that one. The naming business and sites are highly competitive and there is nothing negative about trying to move names that have gotten no traction. When the market is so saturated and prices are too high, buyers will and do go elsewhere, or they change the url to get the name cheaper. I don’t like paying year after year for a name that isn’t moving, it’s costing myself and SH money. In this time of inflation and high prices new business owners are looking for every break they can get. :sunflower:

2 Likes

The premium marketplace has premium pricing.

If you don’t think your name can compete as a premium name, you can always remove it from the premium marketplace and list it for a low price on your own.

1 Like

I totally agree with you, @LorinsEggshells You make perfect sense and have a very logical perceptive on competitive domaining… You and I, I think, are ‘small potatoes’ in this competitive domain selling world. We’re trying to put a decent meal on the table for our families and having to spend one’s paycheck on gas prices so renewal fees are a big thing for us, I believe professional domainers, who pay renewal fees as part of their business, may not not be able to relate to us.

5 Likes

So true Laura, so true.

5 Likes

There are many reasons why this is not a bad idea. I’ve seen marketplaces do this many times and it never resulted in anything good. BrandLander touched on one. There is also the matter of the value that SH gets out of a deal. How much will they make from a $500 name? They invest money into marketing, transfers, negotiations, etc. There are many other reasons as well.

Most importantly, if you’re thinking “this name will name will never sell for more than $500”, then you should drop that name. If you do the calculations, you will see that selling names for $500 is not a sustainable business model. Consider your time doing research, registration fees, renewal fees, portfolio maintenance, transfers, optimization, taxes, and a gazillion other things. On top of a market that’s hit with inflation just as any other. It’s not worth it for anyone.

1 Like