Premium Domain Submission Policy update

That makes sense. Thank you for clarifying.

@grant Are owned domains vetted first for ownership before they can be entered in contests? Today I entered a name into a “Exact Domain only” contest and saw that it was already entered in the contest. Later when I checked, the domain name was already registered and was a very high priced premium domain not in the Squadhelp marketplace. Isn’t this a loophole where someone can enter premium names not in the marketplace and which they don’t own?

@lightless I can think of two scenarios where this can happen:

1. The creative somehow does own the domain and is willing to let it go for the contest amount (even if they have it listed elsewhere at a high price). Unlikely

2. The URL has a - in it. I’m guessing that in order to stop light-less.com and lightless.com both being submitted to the same contest the system discounts the -. It could be that light-less.com has been submitted and lightless.com is a high priced premium domain not on the marketplace and which they don’t own.

But I’m just guessing here.

This seems like it is most likely an error. Can you report using the Blue Button.

Okay, so just to be clear - the only names that we are allowed to submit are names that we come up with (currently available) and names listed on the SH marketplace. Nothing from any other website that has names for sale (i.e. brandbucket, etc). So if they say real word, $100,000 budget… we can only use names we think of or own/list on Squadhelp?

I am just sooo confused with all these changes​:flushed:I don’t know which way to go :grin:

As quoted by Grant:
Moving forward, we will no longer ask Contest Holders if they would like to see premium domains. All contests will be open to premium domains from the Squadhelp Marketplace. This will allow a much more seamless and consistent customer experience, as well as allow creatives to pitch their relevant marketplace names to all contests.

Also, to further simplify issues around premium domains, we will discontinue the -sc contest status. These are contests in which Creatives were able to submit premium domains outside of the Squadhelp Marketplace using YourName-sc.com 1 (for See Comments), if the domain was listed for sale on a reputable third party platform. This mechanism was causing confusion with contest holders. Additionally, there was a widespread misuse and misunderstanding of the feature with Creatives, in which many of the submissions did not actually align with the submission requirements.

At this point, you can only submit names listed on Squadhelp Marketplace to naming contests (or your owned domain in lieu of contest award). We may announce further updates to this policy in the future.

@grant If clients have listed they are open to premium domains, why are creatives asking for their budget? Also, if clients state they have have a $100K budget, shall we tell them we are not allowed to offer domains outside of SH. What is the protocol here?

We have provided the most update version of our Policy here:

Grant system messages are not keeping up with changes

Grant when we make changes of this caliber I think it should be done like you guys do the check out our new article, meaning by PM blue button. While I frequently view forums and am trying to update myself on all the changes, I dont look at forum every day. I was unaware of this one