Premium Domain on Contests

Wanted to ask… if you entered your premium domain on a contest and was chosen as winner, would you be receiving both the domain payment and the contest prize? Or just the domain payment? Thank you in advance.

hi jasmine there is an article on this somewhere I think you search in forum for it, also if you bb it, they will send you a link.The contest holder has to be open to premium domains, that I know, im not 100 percent but if its yours, I think they deduct? If I submit yours, and win, I get contest amount. But you retain domain sale, unless they buy it.

Thanks for the advice @Slogana! I’ll do that :slight_smile:

If the name wins the contest, you will receive either the commission from your Marketplace Domain sale or the contest award amount - whichever amount is larger.

2 Likes

Ooooh, so not both? Why? I don’t get it. I mean you win the contest by submitting your premium listed domain

Why - good question! But Jasmin i understand it like this, lets say you enter a domain you own and the price of that domain is 800$ to a contest were the vinning amount is 300$. In the case you win you will recive 800$ becuse that is the higest amount! Hope im right here but anyway that is how i understand it!

1 Like

Sorry @jasmin124 , I only know the answer, not the why part of it. It does seem silly, that you wouldnt receive both. If I won with a marketplace entry that belonged to you, I would received the contest award and you would receive your full commission on the name.

2 Likes

not sure thats right Bullen. They still have to buy it. They can pick it as a winner and not buy the domain. At least thats what happened on one of mine. The good news is, when it sells, I‘d have gotten more money than I would have. Double check me on that.

1 Like

Yep true Slogana, and that is what i ment, incase the name winns and of course that they buy it, then you get the 800:- :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Now all I need is that ever elusive first sale.

2 Likes

I second that! One day it will happen…one day it will happen…

3 Likes

I think I can, I think I can MUST SELL DOMAIN, wink.

1 Like

There you go! The law of attraction, it will work in due time!

You mean grumbling, jealousy and fist shaking doesn‘t work?

1 Like

Well not for the winning part but it can feel da** good sometimes, lol!

1 Like