Points Usage / Best Entry

I am just looking for opinions from others on this. I have been participating in SH for about a year and feel pretty comfortable with the overall workings of the site. My question has to do with the usage of points. In the past I primarily used my points to designate best entries, especially in the context of abandoned contests, in order to “stay in the game” so to speak. However, since the change in the abandoned contest policy, this is no longer worthwhile. In general, I usually don’t designate any best entries, so now I find myself accumulating points, and not knowing really what to do with them. So the bottom line question: Have many of you found that designating best entries actually does help the CH see and evaluate your entries more quickly and in a better fashion than those entries not so designated? Just curious!

1 Like

Suggested points usage Any Ideas for what to use them for

1 Like

I never use Best Entries. I guess their value depends on whether the CH notices them at all. The most I’d do is explain an entry’s meaning in the comments. Not in the private messages.

3 Likes

Speaking for myself, I have found that I’m throwing points away by highlighting best entry for the CH. That’s just me though. I wonder what the experiences of other creatives have been with the best entries.

4 Likes

That was my gut feeling too Laura.

1 Like

Generally with out fail if i try to highlight an entry to the CH I get a Nah,

2 Likes

The same. I think all my “best entries” have received a No Thank You, so I stopped using them and started explaining more in the comments. That has gotten a better response.

4 Likes