Pleasant news: "Cancelled"!

Contest “Public Speaking Workshop” is cancelled. I doubt that CH couldn’t find the suitable name in the big list. I suggest all to check your domains, and to repeat checking in some days.

4 Likes

@Shelton

I can hardly believe it. He had 24 4 star names to choose from!! I hope CH didn’t refund his money…

1 Like

There is another “non-guaranteed scooper” contest open right now, that will be cancelled, mark my word! After watching the trends on non-guaranteed contests during my time here at SH (10 mo.) I wouldn’t think of doing anything more than throwing a few average names in such a contest until I really had strong feeling that it was legit. Particularly for business “types” that we are likely to see again down the road. I’d rather save quality names, as I would expect some of the those future like-contests to be guaranteed. It does feel more comfortable participating on a deeper level in the non-guaranteed contests if the business type is very unique, and my name ideas wouldn’t have much future value. There have been comments from SH admin that would lead me to believe that the non-guaranteed contests will be a thing of the past sooner than later. My 2 cents…

4 Likes

Yes Cherry I take the same approach and never give my best off the bat to non guaranteed contests

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel like these days when I see a non guaranteed contest more and more I don’t even click on that contest. To me, non-guaranteed = guaranteed to cancel :wink:

1 Like

Yeah…I was one of the 4 star people.I think I worked on that contest more than I should have.The perimeters were so narrow, I thought along the way as I was racking my brains to come up with good names, that it was going to make it hard to have a name he would be totally satisfied with.
I think I will learn from you guys and save my best time and efforts to guaranteed contests. Thanks for the heads up!