Phantom notification is driving me batty

rofl nice one Lisa… though Nullification would have been perfect :wink:

Ha! I forgot about that one. Must have been a no sleep night for me.
However, nullification would have left it open to the idea of it. Nullified puts it past tense lol
If that doesn’t make sense …working on only three hours sleep

Yipee! I got rid of the phantom 2 messages notification on both my comp and mobile! You just need to be on a very slow connection … my parents home had it… and the page loaded slow enough for me to click on the grey bell at the bottom to be shown the two unread messages. I clicked on both quickly and now it doesn’t show up. :smiley::smiley::smiley:

Note if you are on a super fast internet perpetually then you could try (1) Your mobile hotspot when you are in a location with bad network or (2) VPN located in another country (3) Simulated throttling of the site speed.

Hope it helps someone :slight_smile:

Thanks @SmartWebby I have been trying to “catch” that 2 message notification soo fast since you mentioned this. It only took 6 days, but I caught it on the blue button about an hour ago and it has since dis-appeared. Soo nice not to see it anymore. Thank you!!!

SH’s site issues proved helpful in an unexpected way. I got stuck on a page that only partially loaded and as a result was finally able to get rid of the phantom messages! I miss them already.

Well Moretal, I thought that happened to me the other day, too, but the phantom returns! LOL!

So far so good. I’ll update if the ghosts of Squadhelp Past return.

Damn. I was happy too soon. The bell still flashes for a moment so they’re probably still there. I guess an exorcist is the only option.

Clinks and Moretal,

I’m hearing the banshees screeching, the witches cackling, the werewolves howling, the vampires slurping, and the ghosts booing over here. SH definitely is ringing in the day of the Hallows early. At least on my end. I have two phantom notifications and no matter how many times I have managed to clear them using the aforementioned tricks of the page taking too long to load or whatnot … they’re now back. So … does this mean we get to do some paranormal investigating? :joy:

ROFLMAO, rareworthy! I am all in on the paranormal investigating part. We need to name our Youtube show now. SquadPhantoms? BooSquad? (nope, too negative) How about Spirits of the Squad?

ROFLMBO!! Who would have thought that two of my ‘hobbies’ would combine, at least in this way? I’ve been a investigator and researcher for many, many years. Now we can investigate SH. Count me in. I’ll bring the equipment. And I have to say I love Spirits of the Squad!!!

Who you gonna call? - SQUADBUSTERS! :rofl:

NAILED IT! :clap: :joy: :rofl:

You just officially made my day. I love that AlwriteyThen lady!

Oh you’d have a blast in my 100+ year old house.
I swear people talk and you can hear music. I’ve gotten so used to it. It’s normal lol

Oh I definitely would like that. Sounds like fun.

Speaking of spectres, disembodied voices, haunting music, and phantom notifications
… the board has been so quiet today. Has everyone turned into ghosts? :joy: just kidding. Love you all and it’s just so weird when everyone goes so quiet. Waiting for some one to pop out and go boo. :rofl:

I’m new and I’m glad I’ve found your post because I’ve been falling for it all day​:joy::joy::joy:

The new Bell is doing this as well…is this really a difficult thing to fix ???

I’m telling you, SH is haunted. :joy:

In all seriousness, however, I think we all are driven crazy by this. It’s not because it’s nagging or anything like that. The reason I know it bothers most of us is because it gets our hopes up. And now it’s doing the little notification that cried alert (e.g. like the boy who cried wolf). Which means, for me at least, I’ve ignored notifications for a bit just thinking it was yet another glitch.

Yes, my Bellbox has been alerting me of the same thing all day.