Organizing Your Work

I’m a terrible organizer, and expecially ‘scribble notes’ which should be thrown away, but I keep thinking I might need them. How do you all organize your world? Notebooks just for your submitted work, words that work in contests et al. I need to have a good organization system! Any input, what works for you guys?

1 Like

a note book but I write words at different angles and upside down depending how I pick the book up lol - I often wonder why I wrote certain things

2 Likes

I talk to Siri, she puts it in my notes on my phone. That way if I am one my way somewhere in the car when something hits me I just say Siri, make a note. She’s the only one who actually does what I ask her to do, lol

3 Likes

I have the Jose method down

3 Likes

I don’t think not being perfectly organized is such a bad thing. I have a pen in my car. I write down ideas on grocery and gas station receipts. I write down names at work on breaks. I feel like the SH system of documenting wins works perfectly well for me and all I need to do is think of ideas!

2 Likes

I keep legal pads everywhere. I have a “go to” naming word document with my created names I use several times until a name is picked up…really no method to the madness…

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for your ideas! I"ve tried to keep a notebook of words, thoughts and ideas since the days of being at that ‘other place that shall not be named’. I’ve looked at that notebook now, and can’t make heads or tails of it for all the mad scribbling.

1 Like