One word limits and exact domain names

How do you go about communicating to the CH that asking for 1 word domain names extremely limits their options when you’re not allowed to send messages?

Ex. saturated market (non-invasive beauty procedures), one word and domain must be an exact match

1 Like

@sistahjane I guess you’ve come to the right place. Welcome :slight_smile:

if it was easy they could probably do it themselves - actually it annoys me when I spent an hour or two finding suitable names that fit the brief and someone says they cant find any so can we extend the amount of words or letters etc

3 Likes

Sometimes contestants will post a message to the CH on the contest itself but you have to be really careful how you word messages. More like a “have you considered?” kind of post. But if you can’t post messages yet, you will have to wait until you can. It won’t be that long before you’ll be able. SH is good about this.

1 Like

some people state that its impossible to do certain things a ch asks for - which is actually false information as I have always been able to find something.(also quite annoying when you found something and the rules expand)

3 Likes

That’s true most of the time anyway. Unless they are asking for or expecting a 3 or 4 letter .com. And sometimes I think that is really what they want. It is frustrating when you think that is the expectation they may have had coming in, you know?

Good point :blush: I wish people hadn’t bought up so many random domains when the web first became a thing!

1 Like

All of the correctly spelled individual English words have been registered in the last 10 years. SH should incorporate this caution for the contest holder who insists on a single word. It ( the single word) will have to be made up or misspelled. If those options are not acceptable, then the CH will have to break open the piggy bank and buy something expensive, or expand the criteria. This notice should be incorporated in the section where the ch selects the # of words criteria.

2 Likes

I’ve a secretly coveted knowledge of at least two properly spelled English words (one of which is Latin based) that’s still out there single and available :slight_smile:

2 Likes

http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2015/20150729.htm

1 Like