One stars on entries that say not seen?

@Dan, How is it possible to receive a one star on entries that say they haven’t been seen? This CH is going a little nuts on ones here for entries that are following the brief but to get a one star for entries he hasn’t seen is nuts. It would also be nice if the CH could at least follow the rating guidelines! https://www.squadhelp.com/domainContest/4904/Need_a_name_for_my_scar_cream#tab-2

1 Like

It’s not uncommon for medical trials to test the efficacy of a treatment by conducting a double blind experiment :wink:

Otherwise, it’s be explained if there is a disconnect between rating entries through email notification/app and them appearing to be seen/unseen through a main platform log-in.

If this were possible, it’d mean that the actual number of entries seen could be higher than indicated, while the number of the unseen entries wouldn’t also change towards an increase.

1 Like

Umm… I suggested VitaskinMD and it got a 1 star, it is EXTREMELY similar to the names he said he liked!!! Something definitely is up.

1 Like

@Vision, its working correctly on other names I submitted after those on other contest so he must be a sunflower hater and clicked on 1 as soon as he saw my flower! Lol, I’m out of there and took all unrated entries with me.

1 Like

I have the same, 1 -stars but says not seen yet

My play-on-words entry, ScarFaceliftMD failed by as much :wink:

2 Likes

OK, this is NOT about getting a 1-star…

This is about having entries that say NOT SEEN yet somehow have a 1-star rating.
We are trying to find out how that is possible

2 Likes

Hasn’t happened to me. But very strange.

I had a 2* entry was not seen by CH yesterday.

@kreativekim If I was looking for a scar cream at a pharmacy, I would definitely pick up the one called “VitaSkinMD” from the shelf. It’s a name that sticks.

2 Likes

good to know Anjy…that’s even worse

In the Rose garden contest my unseen entries at first started receiving stars, but eventually the situation stabilized.

I thought so too Laura!

Where is @Dan to check out what is happening??

The seen status may not be 100% reliable, especially if the CH is on the contest page for a long time. This feature is usually correct, however, there are few scenarios in which it may not represent the actual status. For example, if a CH scrolls through the page quickly, it is possible they might miss actually focusing on the entry, but the system may actually classify it as “seen”. Similarly, if they are on a page too long, it is possible the system may not track the “seen status” accurately. We will watch this for few more days, and if there are additional reports from users about such issues, we will remove this feature.

I actually find this feature quite helpful. It has been reliable for me so far, and when I see that a CH has 'seen’my entry and not rated, it usually tells me that my name isn’t grabbing their attention, and hope that I won’t then get a rating of 2 and under.

It must have just been a glitch, since you know once you have been rated that the CH has seen your entry.
KreativeKim, I agree that entry shouldn’t have been a one star! Just having to push through all the one stars this week!

1 Like

Well, it happened. 2 stars on a “Not Yet Seen”. Hmmm.

Thanks @Dan, even with a few glitches than I’d rather have it in place than not at all. It’s a feature we have been needing for a long time!

2 Likes

Agree, we really wanted for a long time. As long as we know that if it’s rated, it means they saw it no matter what it says on the side. This feature has helped alot!!!

2 Likes

Mostly, it saves us from having to ‘pay’ 50 points just to be seen by the CH (it’s what celebrities charge for a selfie taken with them :)) .Now our currency would be put to a better use by staying untouched in a point bank account piling up interest for a rainy day contest.

2 Likes