I received several offers in the past, and my experience was not good, the mechanism and the interface are not well made.
From my side as a seller here is my experience:
- When buyer makes an offer I can’t counter, I can only reject then send a new offer.
- When the buyer sends his new offer I cannot accept directly because the accept button doesn’t show, I have to send a new offer matching the buyer’s offer and tell him that offer was accepted.
From buyer side I tested by making a fake offer to one of my domains and here what I noticed:
- First email from SH about my offer went to junk. This email is important because it contains the link to the buyer’s offer center.
- When the seller rejects the buyer receives an email saying “domain… offer rejected” in 1 short line, there is no encouragement to make a counteroffer or any link to the offer center.
- When the seller sends a new offer the buyer only sees a purchase link, without ability to accept/reject/counter. Buyer can only send a new offer.
It is a complex and non user-friendly mechanism, we need a very simple offer interface with simple offer / counter-offer mechanism. Here is an example from Dan.com a very simple and clean offer interface: