Notifications of messages from CHs

I don’t seem to be getting notifications by email when a CH comments on my entries. Is anyone else having this experience? I checked my notification settings but I didn’t change anything. I am getting the CH public comments, just not the private ones.

3 Likes

Have you checked your spam, or if you have gmail or similar – have you checked to make sure it hasn’t been sorted into another folder or category? If you have and/or neither of these apply, follow these steps in order:

• Change your notification settings to where you are not signed up for anything
  • Log out of Squadhelp
  • Clear browser history, browser cookies, and browser cache (don’t clear any saved passwords or anything - just these three things)
  • Close browser
  • Relaunch browser
  • Sign back into SH
  • Reselect your notification settings
  • Log out of SH once more
  • Refresh page
  • Log back into SH for the final time

This should reset the notifications and you should start receiving them once more. If this does not work then let me know and I will see what else can be done or let you know if you should BB it or not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My gmail spam filter catches Squadhelp messages quite frequently, but only certain types, like win notifications and instant domain responses, idk why.

@ALDaisy1 Gmail’s settings are strange sometimes, a way to prevent this would be adding the sender of those messages to your contact list as well as setting up a filter for messages that are similar to that. If you don’t know how to set up a filter for similar type of messages, let me know and I will help walk you through it.

1 Like

Hmmmmm… since none of them ever went to spam before I doubt that is it. And to get to that folder is a struggle because of how my email is set up.

1 Like

Happens to me too. I reported it to SH a few days ago.

3 Likes

Then follow the steps I described and see if that helps. I am unsure of what email you use or I’d try to help with that, but following what I said as well as making sure all SH emails are in your contact list as I told Daisy, should help. If it doesn’t then it’s not on your end. I currently am not having any issues with notifications that I know of, so it may be with just certain people, which doesn’t make much sense unless it’s because of email carrier (services like yahoo, aol, and msn on average take a lot longer to receive automated emails or subscription emails than Gmail and some other providers). Either way, these are just good steps to take and if it still doesn’t help then at least you troubleshooted it and did all within your power and know that SH may need to put attention to it.

1 Like