No names for you!

Was just wondering of anyone else is like me,that if I give a bunch of well thought out names that I think are great and totally fit what the brief is…and get rewarded by a string of 2 stars…(or start out with higher stars and get demoted to 2, like a certain contest going on currently…) I withdraw them and say “No names for you!” (I guess like the soup nazi,I must be the name nazi! Ha!) The only way I will change my mind is if the CH gives additional info that makes it clearer what direction they are going in…then I might attempt again. Am I alone in this? Just curious…

3 Likes

You are not alone. :smile:

2 Likes

Definitely Not alone…

1 Like

No you’re not alone.It happens to me daily. It starts out great, only to find out a couple hrs or so later I’ve been bumped down to a lower rank. I can relate to your concerns. I haven’t given up thus far. I’m gonna hang in there a lil while longer hoping for a good turn in events: )

1 Like

I have deleted trending names on occasion

1 Like

I think so. I checked and you have a 97.8 high ratings percentage. I’m sorry you got some 2s. Congrats on your wins.

1 Like

Exactly! Was just going to ask if it is common to be given 3’s then yank them away and give a 2. So no you are not alone.

That happens to me constantly. Whenever I think I’ve come up with the perfect name it’s almost certain to get shot down. I’ve learned over the years to have no expectations when it comes to client ratings. I do the best I can and let the chips fall where they may. I also have had my share of rating downgrades so I’ve learned not to get too excited when I see a high rating because it can change at any time. Sometimes the same entry will get re-rated 2 or 3 times. I’ve also learned to not expect to win even if I am trending in a contest. I know it seems depressing to have such low expectations but doing so saves me quite a bit of disappointment and frustration. Don’t get me wrong I always have hope of winning. I just don’t expect it.

Oh by the way, congrats on your recent flurry of wins. It must be nice to be you right now!

3 Likes

I know what you mean! In fact,before this last stroke of lucky wins,I was questioning myself as to whether I was even any good at this,and should continue or take a break… as no matter what I submitted, even if I was trending…I couldn’t seem to pull off a win. So I’m with you.I just do the best I can,and try to have confidence in what I am doing and realize it is subjective and up to the CH’s taste…and no reflection on your naming skills, if you know you are putting out some good names. Thanks for the good thoughts,and best of luck to you!

1 Like

If your finding it off putting spare a thought for the rest of us. I have a neutral rating percentage (2 stars) of 62%. You have less then 2% lol

6 Likes

I totally agree with you Holly, By the way congrats on your great success, I enjoy seeing your name winners.

Thanks, Grampam…how sweet you are! I guess we learn as we go along in this.I know in the 3 months I’ve been naming I have learned so much.Best of luck to you and congrats on your win last month too!

1 Like