New Here and have a question

When entering a submission for a contest, it states: •Do not submit any names which have been already mentioned by Contest Holder in their brief. This can lead to account suspension.

However, I had submitted a name to the CH and the CH loved it, but then messaged and asked if I could submit the same name but with other words attached. I did so and the CH loved it. Afterwards, I went back to review the brief and noticed that he put the name I had suggested in his brief. However, it is a url similar, but without the hyphen. CH states he would consider a hyphen if the name is really good. Do I need to withdraw my submission since he added it to his brief after I had submitted it to the contest (even though he still loves it) and my url has the added hyphen? Can I be suspended for that??

I really am enjoying this and actually think I’m enjoying it too much, spending way too much time doing this, and don’t want to risk suspension.

No- you are good, as long as it isn’t the EXACT name. Adding endings, hyphens etc… is okay

1 Like

Thank you, @jackieheraty! Another question, I’ve had a CH private message me a few times about names I’ve submitted that she likes. I did ask her to post more information to give extra insight but to do so in the contest in a reply to her so that all Creatives would have a fair chance, as I didn’t want to have an unfair advantage. I want to win, but because I earned it on my own merit. She later messaged about the name I had submitted and that it actually has special meaning to her and gave me personal information. I submitted a name to her based on that, same name I had originally posted but with one word added. I told her that I just wanted her to see how it would look in that way, but would delete after she reviewed it as I didn’t feel it was right for me to keep it posted since she’d given me private information the other creatives didn’t have. She told me not to delete it as she did love it. I’ve tried to find the guidelines for messages and such, and cannot find where they are. I don’t want to violate any guidelines. Where are the messaging guidelines located and is it alright if I keep the name up?

2 Likes

Also if he added the name to the brief AFTER you submitted it, then you are fine, as SH can verify it was submitted prior to appearing in the brief!

You may want to notify SH he has added your entry to the brief. I think that’s against CH rules but I’m not 100% sure…

3 Likes

@BrendaGravermoen…if you added to a name you already posted but tweaked it, it’s okay. If they gave completely different info or asked you to submit a name completely different that what your original name was, that would not be ok, but sounds like you are ok here. You don’t want the contest holder to post your name for everyone to see though.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t delete it. Based off what I’ve read I personally don’t think you’ve violated any rules. But that’s just my opinion. Sorry I don’t have a link to the actual rules tho :grin:

2 Likes

I think its ok since she offered you the info, Had you inquired about more info that should be public than that would be a different story

3 Likes

If in doubt, always contact SH via blue bubble on the bottom right screen. Also, if the,CH has contacted you via pm, you could always respond back by using the comment section attached to your names. @Dan has told us the messages posted there are also sent to the CH.

4 Likes

Thank you. The name he posted is a legit company, but I didn’t know that when I posted the name; as the way I had it originally didn’t come back with any hits. It was after he asked me to add to the name and he checked the domain name that he found another company with the same name/url. However, when I did the url with the additional word I had added a hyphen to meet his request. So he listed a legitimate company.

Thank you! Is anyone else addicted to this place? I’ve always loved playing with words, and didn’t know anything like this existed. Now, I’m on here too much!

7 Likes

I wish I could say I have no idea what you’re talking about :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: SH owns me lol

5 Likes

First of all, Welcome to the Club, Brenda - Yes, this place is highly addictive! :blush:

Second, Thank you for being transparent and trying to play by the rules - Hopefully, you’ll be doing the Happy Dance for your first win very soon. :dancer:

8 Likes

Thank you for the welcome! I keep trying to get away, but it keeps pulling me right back in. :flushed: Happy dance, good. Hope I can do it soon!
I always read before bed and last night I had a pad and paper beside me. Every time I read a word that was intriguing to me, I was writing it down and wondering how I could use it in the contests I’m entered in. Is there a 12 step program available? I’ve just begun but I think I might need it already.

2 Likes

No - It’s kinda like the Bates Motel - Once you check in, you can’t check out :grimacing:

8 Likes

@AlwriteyThen, NOW, that was funny!!

1 Like

Or Hotel California. :love_hotel:

:frowning:

7 Likes

Step 1 Pray))) Step 2 Repeat step 1

5 Likes

LOL - And I’m going up against you all! I should start that 12 Step Program myself. The first step is to admit there is a problem.

Stands up, looking down, shoulders slumped

Hi. My name is Brenda and I’m a Squad Helpaholic. Last night, I took pen and paper to bed with me. My kids are screaming at me, “Stop with the words already, Mom!” I have developed Squad Back (stooped from sitting over the computer). I am embarrassed to admit, but on the way to enroll my daughter into school today, I was actually paying attention to billboards and store signs. I’ve only been partaking for 3 days now. And I haven’t even won my first contest yet!

Sits back down, hanging head in shame

9 Likes

I am so bad i wont even admit i have a problem) They will stage an intervention if they knew)

5 Likes

Mirrors on the ceiling, Pink Champagne on ice, you’re a prisoner here of your own device :sunglasses:

11 Likes