New Feature - Other Creatives submitting our Marketplace names

Oh, and a suggestion… I may be doing this wrong so forgive me if I am… I can’t find a way to search the names that are allowed to be subbed in contests by their categories. It appears that if you hit the link in the contest, it shows a list of names that are allowed, but if you try to search by category, the “allowed” search disappears… I could be wrong about that. I only tried a few but the url changed and it didn’t have the allowables in the domain.

I also want to thank the team for the opportunity to relax. Being high in the mountains, I will know for sure that my domains are offered in contests by my creative colleagues. I would like to expand the list of domains so that creatives can offer all the domains visible on the SH marketplace

Excellent feature, SH. Great job!

@grant do we get notifications for all or just some or … can you clarify?

Thanks

We have made some updates, and you will now receive notifications for following activities:

1. When someone submits your premium domain to a contest
  2. When that premium domain receives a Love it or a Like It rating

@Commulinks We will look into the search function - and fix this issue in the next 1-2 days.

THANK YOU!!! This helps so much!

I have been away from home for a family emergency,so have been unable to keep up with alot of the new stuff. Is my understanding correct that other people cannot submit your marketplace names unless you opt in? Thx

Yes, Holly. You just need to click the option in your marketplace dashboard…

Looked for it, but couldn’t find it - Where is it located, Clinks? :thinking:

@AlwriteyThen - go to market place “My Listing” , then on the left side in blue go down to the second to last icon (my account) and then a box will pop next to it, then go down to the last item “Seller Preference”

then go to “Submission to Contests” and select it there.

@jackieheraty Thank you, Sweetie! :kissing_heart:

@Grant I wanted to say that one issue I see with this is that when a name sells that was submitted by another creative, the owners can’t withdraw them from contests. Does SH remove them automatically? Thanks!

@grant Grant, I am struggling a bit with my names submitted to contests by other creatives. I know when they are submitted and I know when they are liked/loved but after that, I can’t get any further info. For example, if I put it on my watchlist and the contest closes, I can’t see or know if it was my name or not… We have to remember which contestant submitted our name to go look again. Hopefully that makes sense. We can’t track them like we track them when we sub them ourselves.

I just got a notification that my name was submitted to a contest, went to check and it turns out it is a screening contest. Is that normal? Can people do that?

Can someone tell me how to find names you submitted to the marketplace that are rejected?

Kwazi, yes, go to your marketplace dashboard and your list of marketplace names. There is a dropdown list there that includes Premium listing, basic plus listings, etc, but also sold and rejected names.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a Screening Contest ??? :thinking:

@AlwriteyThen Those are the contests new creatives have to participate in before they are granted full access to the site. Old contests over a year old, mostly.

Why are they able to enter others names for screening contests? Why bother screening?

Does anyone know what it looks like on our account if a domain we own wins a contest for another creative and the CH buys the name? Does it just look like a usual domain sale? Do we know if it came from a contest? What happens with the price?