Just wondering about flagging

We don’t believe disabling private messaging for all contestants is the solution to this specific issue. Some contestants use comments on entries to bring up their dissatisfaction in ratings. So unless we also take away the ability for contestants to comment on their own entries, it will not solve this issue. We believe comments on entries is an important feature that allows contestants to explain what their name means.

We do not want to take away important communication features because of few users who are ignoring the messaging policy. We will address this issue directly with those who violate this policy.

5 Likes

people use the comments section on an entry to complain about ratings ? how often can they do that before being banned

Same messaging policy applies regardless of where the comment was posted - via public comments, private messaging, or entry comments. Repeat violations lead to suspension of messaging privilege, or suspension of user account.

when one looks at a profile does it say the person has been banned on it ?

It’s a bit of a paradox with all this flagging and not being able to mention ratings at all. Please take a look at this recent example: https://gyazo.com/096575d3b0793d6ac6a18bdc61e01798

CH was rating 90 % of all entries 1*. Two contestants politely explained her the guidelines of fair rating. The CHs response was very sweet. She admitted that she misunderstood the guidelines and apologized for that. From that point on her feedback was no longer misleading and contestants could submit better quality entries due to getting a clear/adequate feedback.

This means that those two contestants who explained the guidelines of fair rating did a good thing and helped both, the CH and other contestants. Nevertheless their comments were deleted and they received warnings via email (=penalty). If this was a second warning to any of them, he or she was suspended from commenting (=significant penalty).

Isn’t that a paradox? I’m curious what do others think of this situation?

1 Like

I posted this on another thread, but thought it applied here too…Here’s the link for the ratings system for CH’s, they are made aware of how it affects us

https://www.squadhelp.com/tips_for_contest_holders.php

SH does not want us badgering their clients aboout ratings.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response. I see a huge difference between badgering (which results in nothing more than annoying the CH) and a polite reminding or explaining of the rating system (which results in eliminating misunderstandings; adequate feedback from CH; better quality entries from contestants).

I get what you’re saying, there is a difference. We have had issues in the past where not just one, but several creatives would complain to the CH, so the decision was made to eliminate mentioning ratings altogether. There are guidlines posted where it very clearly states not to discuss ratings in comments. If someone is flagged, it’s because they didn’t follow the guidelines.

5 Likes

I think maybe some CHs just like their plates really big and spacious, so they work their way in starting from the edges.

2 Likes

Im not sure I see a difference between politely pointing out rating issues and saying extend the number of characters because we cant think of any names

1 Like

@Jose In the former you ask them to better themselves (by implying it) , in the latter - to better the brief