Is This A Loophole?

I noticed a name/domain I submitted in a recent contest has now been registered. It was a business name contest which also required a domain. I wanted to report it but I see no report domain registration link. Is this a possible loophole where clients can set up a contest this way which restricts us from reporting registrations? I really think we should be allowed to report these in every contest.

3 Likes

@tkpro72 Might just be a glitch. Have you reported it to service@squadhelp.com?

1 Like

Yes. I just reported it. It’s late so I probably won’t hear anything until tomorrow.

1 Like

You can still email squadhelp support with details of the registration to request them to investigate

1 Like

So there is a link? I’ve never seen it. I am guessing that it pops up when you check the name?

1 Like

I would like to know where the link is as well.

1 Like

When you check your names, if one is taken, a new line appears below it: “Report Domain Registration” and you click it and enter the details.

1 Like

Where are you checking the names?

My brain is a bit fried right now so I’m not sure I’m clear on what you’re asking. I don’t typically use a separate site to check domains. I only use the built in domain checker on SH. I think what may have happened is the domain requirement for the contest was later changed to name only so there was no “check availability” option at the end of the contest. I realized the name had been taken when I tried to enter it in another contest. I submitted the name on May 4th when the contest first started and it was registered on May 12th. Of course there was no “proof” of foul play so I had to just suck it up. Anyway I’ve decided to refrain from participating in SH contests for a bit not just because of this but other factors. I hope that answers your question.

2 Likes

Or are you asking how we check availability once a contest is over? You go to the contest page, click on the entries tab and click on the “actions” box next to the entry you want to check. There will be a drop down menu with “check availability” as one of the options. If you find the domain has been registered there should be a report registration link there. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Yes, @tkpro72 - after the contest is over. Thank you for the instructions on that. I didn’t know how/where to do that! I thought it was closed.

Hmmmm… I just tried that and there is no “check availability” in the dropdown menu on the one I tried. But then I went to one that is closed but no winner has been selected and it is there. Thanks so much for your help.

No problem. You’re very welcome. Good luck to you.