Is the Affiliate Program dead?

When is the last time anyone remembers receiving an affiliate reward?

It has been a really long time for me, and I used to get several. Curious if even one person has gotten one lately.

4 Likes

The last time I received one was Oct 2020. Before then I received 7 or so… I don’t feel like anything is happening here anymore and I share links daily…

2 Likes

My last one was November 2020 and I also share links daily plus I use affiliate links for all my names on my website.

2 Likes

I’ve never had one so I have no room for input lol.

3 Likes

I’ve never had one either and I’ve sent over 60,000 clicks!

If someone clicks from our WLM through to the SH site, I thought we got credited for that. @grant, is that the case please?

3 Likes

Yes, we are supposed to get credit - IF someone buys a marketplace name after landing on our pages. When this program started, I literally got an announcement that same day that I had one. But I didn’t get a reward because the person had visited the site before landing on my page.

Then there are the affiliate links which is different. I am shocked that you, @AbleBrands have not received affiliate rewards ever. I am not sure what that means… if the program is broken or what…because of all the links you share.

4 Likes

I don’t have a WLM site so all my affiliate rewards were through the SquadHelp site.

3 Likes

I just want to add that I had noticed a couple of times (over a year ago now) that my affiliate stats were “frozen” at times and not updating. I had BB’d this at the time and it had been fixed but perhaps this is something to look into @grant

4 Likes

We continue to payout affiliate fees on a monthly basis, so there doesn’t appear to be any issue with this program. However I have reached out to the engineering team to check and make sure there are no issues.

We are finding that the sellers/creatives who are achieving ongoing affiliate sales focus more on a “content based” marketing approach. For example, if you post an answer to a relevant question in Quora with your affiliate link, or add some relevant collection of names on Pinterest, or add blog articles, they seem to achieve better discovery by potential buyers in comparison to social media channels. This is likely because content in blog articles, or platforms such as Quora is more sticky in nature, while the social media posts have a limited organic reach. Many social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter have greatly reduced their organic reach, and now require investment in paid ads to reach meaningful number of relevant buyers.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, Grant! Great tips!

How about adding social media and blog functionality to the WLM ?

2 Likes