Is the Affiliate Program dead?

When is the last time anyone remembers receiving an affiliate reward?

It has been a really long time for me, and I used to get several. Curious if even one person has gotten one lately.

4 Likes

The last time I received one was Oct 2020. Before then I received 7 or so… I don’t feel like anything is happening here anymore and I share links daily…

2 Likes

My last one was November 2020 and I also share links daily plus I use affiliate links for all my names on my website.

2 Likes

I’ve never had one so I have no room for input lol.

3 Likes

I’ve never had one either and I’ve sent over 60,000 clicks!

If someone clicks from our WLM through to the SH site, I thought we got credited for that. @grant, is that the case please?

4 Likes

Yes, we are supposed to get credit - IF someone buys a marketplace name after landing on our pages. When this program started, I literally got an announcement that same day that I had one. But I didn’t get a reward because the person had visited the site before landing on my page.

Then there are the affiliate links which is different. I am shocked that you, @AbleBrands have not received affiliate rewards ever. I am not sure what that means… if the program is broken or what…because of all the links you share.

4 Likes

I don’t have a WLM site so all my affiliate rewards were through the SquadHelp site.

3 Likes

I just want to add that I had noticed a couple of times (over a year ago now) that my affiliate stats were “frozen” at times and not updating. I had BB’d this at the time and it had been fixed but perhaps this is something to look into @grant

4 Likes

We continue to payout affiliate fees on a monthly basis, so there doesn’t appear to be any issue with this program. However I have reached out to the engineering team to check and make sure there are no issues.

We are finding that the sellers/creatives who are achieving ongoing affiliate sales focus more on a “content based” marketing approach. For example, if you post an answer to a relevant question in Quora with your affiliate link, or add some relevant collection of names on Pinterest, or add blog articles, they seem to achieve better discovery by potential buyers in comparison to social media channels. This is likely because content in blog articles, or platforms such as Quora is more sticky in nature, while the social media posts have a limited organic reach. Many social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter have greatly reduced their organic reach, and now require investment in paid ads to reach meaningful number of relevant buyers.

4 Likes

Thanks so much, Grant! Great tips!

How about adding social media and blog functionality to the WLM ?

4 Likes

awesome info Grant, as always, responsive, explanatory and no bs. Wonderful.

2 Likes

With the advent of the new landing pages, the affiliate program is fully declared dead now without warning. I posted a year ago that I hadn’t had affiliate income in a very long time when I used to get them. I kept using my links because we were told that the affiliate program was not dead.

I will post about what this change in the links did to me and others in another post about Twitter links not working.

Very disappointing.

3 Likes

Same here - no affiliate-linked transactions since October 2020. This should be removed from the site if it is well and truly done. The “Affiliate Dashboard” is still featured on the left-hand side.
My twitter links are also all pointing back to the general marketplace.

2 Likes

Where was it declared dead? This is disappointing.

I suppose if you use it strictly for getting people to start contests it would work. But when it comes to using affiliate links for our domains, and people end up buying another domain instead or sign up for a contest, the affiliate links go nowhere.

2 Likes

@Commulinks We are working on several major upgrades to the platform UX as well as our underlying infrastructure to speed up the website, and this may cause some temporary issues in certain links. The affiliate program is NOT “declared dead” - in fact we will likely be adding additional benefits to this program in the future.

I have shared this with our engineering team, and the redirection issue for domain affiliate links should be resolved shortly (likely later today). While we encourage sharing any feedback in the forum, please also report any such issues directly via chat or email so they can be routed to the appropriate team for quicker resolution.

3 Likes

Thank you for responding.
The affiliate links worked and went to the old landing pages for a while after the new landing pages were launched. I imagine the old landing pages were shut down at some point, causing the problem, which has now lasted for a really long time. This seems like a highly predictable outcome that could have been tested before eliminating the old landing pages. My stats plummeted and because I was away on vacation I couldn’t do anything about it.

Here are some thoughts moving forward:

1. It would be nice if SH would ask sellers if we even want something before launching something this major. Personally, I liked the old landing pages more and didn’t see any need to do this.
  2. It would be nice if SH would give some kind of warning well before making major changes.
  3. Then it would be nice if SH would do tests prior to launch and ask us if there are glitches
  4. The time it has taken to address this problem is very long and honestly, Grant, we have no idea on our end if SH intentionally did something or not because we don’t hear anything to tell us. SH used to be more inclusive in processes and communicated with us more.

I’ve already spent hours and hours correcting all of my links on Twitter and on my website. I’m not even done yet. But now I am going to continue because the only reliable link is a direct link.

Thanks for listening. I am sorry that my trust level for SH has gone so far down the drain. But it has for many reasons. Perhaps SH could proactively attempt to find out how creatives and sellers are feeling about the platform now and make improvements that address the issues we have. I know everyone works hard on your end, Grant, and I appreciate everyone over there. I just don’t think you all realize what is happening on this end of our computers…

1 Like