Is it just me... 20 characters

That good feeling you get when you see the notification a CH likes or loves your submission, only to click on it seconds later, and see it’s already been downgraded to a OTRT or the dreaded orange face. Wait, what?!

15 Likes

Always. Way more often recently as well.

8 Likes

Don’t. Even. Get. Me. Started! :laughing:

10 Likes

I usually classify this under battle scars. Good to see you back @littodino :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You had the EXACT same reaction I did to this. I think I have at least one entry from each contest that does this and if I am on the site and see this, I get so excited and then I see that it’s changed. But this is why I asked SH a long time ago how the rating is set up for the CHs because I’ve had where I’ll be added to shortlist with a love but then be removed from it but keep the love. Or I’ll have the like or love and it will quickly be downgraded. And I’m like, “Are these misclicks? What is going on?” Then in the cases of being removed from SL but keeping a love (in the rare cases it has happened) its like, “Does the CH know that they removed me from the SL? What if it was an accident?” So many questions. Especially the primary of why is this happening?

7 Likes

For me i have a had a string of Love’s and SL then suddenly downgraded to No Thank You but still Shortlisted??? I don’t know but I got the idea that just maybe we put a lot more attention to this than what the CH does, for them the only thing important is getting the name they want so maybe this is the reason?

7 Likes

It’s possible. Most CHs don’t understand the ratings and the impacts that they can have for us. But, that’s not their job to worry about that. My concern is if they realize – like in the situation you described and also possibly misclicking and such – how that may affect their end selection ability or even their selection process. I’m not sure how visible or not visible that entries become once they are given certain ratings. I don’t know if I am describing this right. I just ultimately hope that misclicking isn’t an issue or as much of one that it’s seeming it may be and wonder how this may impact things and what it may be doing.

8 Likes

Yes this is what I also am wondering, I mean if the CH SL’s me but then put a NTY but keeps the SL, how does that show for them, I mean there is many variables here!

6 Likes

I’ve mentioned before that I ran a logo contest here with my partner. What the CH sees is pretty much what you would expect them to see. They can see their loves, likes, etc.

The difference in a logo contest is there are no shortlists. I was surprised about that. But anyway, the CH’s view is as you might expect it to be. We could go back and look at “NTY” if we wanted to do that. We were surprised at how clear cut most of the choices were, by the way… and we did change our minds as we went along and saw new entries.

6 Likes

I once had a NTY changed to like, then love and shortlisted!?! I think it was because a team was doing the reviewing.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I can totally relate to this. WHIPLASH!

6 Likes

Yes, this has happened to me also, in the last couple of months - Not sure what’s going on, but it certainly is confusing. :worried:

6 Likes