Introducing: Revenue Generating Landing Pages

We are pleased to announce Revenue Generating landing pages. You can now earn commission from your landing page’s Type-in Traffic which results in a sale.

As a background, Squadhelp makes a significant investment in paid advertising to promote domains listed in the Marketplace. A large % of buyers visit Squadhelp first and then explore several domain names in our Marketplace. However in some cases, buyers may visit the landing page of a domain first by directly typing the landing page URL of domain (commonly known as “Type In” Traffic).

Many sellers are typically concerned about “Traffic Leakage”, which means a buyer visits your landing page first, and then ends up buying another domain from the Marketplace. If a buyer visits your landing page as the initial page (Type-in traffic), and then proceeds to purchase another seller’s domain from Squadhelp Marketplace, you will now earn commission for assisting with that purchase.

How Does It Work?

If a buyer comes directly to your landing page by typing your Domain URL, we will keep track of the buyer’s visit and their purchase activity for 7 days by storing a “Cookie” on their computer.

If, instead of purchasing your domain, the buyer purchases another domain from our Marketplace (belonging to another seller), you will earn a commission. Even if the buyer closes their browser and comes back to Squadhelp within 7 days directly or via our paid Retargeting, you will still earn a commission as long as they purchase a domain from another seller or from another White Label Marketplace powered by Squadhelp.

How Much Can I Earn?
You will earn 10% commission from the SH share of commission for the sale (max $500)

…Read the full article here: https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/4599038-revenue-generating-landing-pages-beta

37 Likes

Thank you very much!

3 Likes

Great to hear of this feature! Hope it does generate an additional stream of income for many of us. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow I’m really impressed that you guys listened to my feedback and also implemented it so quickly. Can’t wait to see the results of this. Hopefully, more people forward their high traffic names here as a result.

8 Likes

Nice initiative. Thanks

1 Like

This is a step in the right direction. 7 days of tracking seems a little short. What is the standard for affiliate sales? Does this also include links that come from our websites to our listings? Or embedded listings that we display?

5 Likes

Thank you very much for this feature !!! We are waiting for positive emotions from additional income)

2 Likes

Thank you for this feature!
Is this feature enabled automatically or do we need to set up something in our account?

4 Likes

A cheering initiative. Keep it up.

1 Like

Thanks Shushuka! Was going to ask same.
Looking forward to Grant’s response.

1 Like

thats Nice Feature which will also help to get more Leads for SH Seller :slight_smile:

Best Regards
jabran shafique

3 Likes

what about 2 weeks, sometimes buyer be like oh i am so busy this week, let me purchase that name next week. :grimacing: :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

This is a Beta feature and we will likely be making additional changes (e.g. cookie duration) after seeing how this works for next few months.

Any links that bring the buyer to the landing page (via social media or your own website) will count towards this benefit. The main requirement is that the landing page must be the first page visited by the buyer.

Correct, this is automatically enabled for all sellers. No action is needed from sellers to set it up or enable it in their accounts.

2 Likes

Grant, does that mean on a single name or our portfolio? Sorry, maybe this is obvious!

2 Likes

A great new feature!

3 Likes

Great move! keep it up squadhelp

This is a great idea. I agree that the cookie is too short, so hopefully this will be tweaked. I am on the fence about using SquadHelp’s DNS for my white label domains. Uniregistry landers are working well for me - but who knows what will happen as GoDaddy continues to absorb them. Verification of my “standard listings” via a TXT entry is not working for me - so I may need to change the DNS at least temporarily once I get all my domains loaded in the system.

This is indeed a step in the right direction. i love this.

2 Likes

I am posting this because other people need to know. I just lost money because I use affiliate links. I got an email that someone had landed on my page and bought another name and I did receive a regular affiliate compensation but I did not receive a percentage of that sale. I blue buttoned and was told that I don’t get it because I used an affiliate link. (Which was an affiliate link direct to my landing page). I have asked SH to reconsider and just subtract the regular affiliate commission I got from the total I should receive because the person did land on my page.

This means that I have to change well over 300 links on my website and on Twitter. It does not make sense to me that after promoting SH daily for a very long time using affiliate links that this somehow now doesn’t apply. I was so excited that I got one as soon as this program started.

REVISED: According to SH, the buyer came to the site 35 days ago first - before the revenue generating landing pages, so it does not qualify. Also, I am told that if we use affiliate links right now, they will not automatically count in revenue generating landing pages and we should reach out to SH to find out if the buyer visited our landing page first. They also said they are planning to combine these two programs.

Still bummed.

6 Likes