Incredible Winning Name Shoutouts!

I agree @Magogo That was perfect!!! I soo love the play on words. Nicely done!

6 Likes

Agree @Magogo , I’m not in here often but had to pop in and say congrats, great name!

6 Likes

@grant Please explain how this is allowed.
I know the CH changed the name after awarding the winning name, but this situation is sour in my book.
(and before people think I am picking on anyone, I am NOT, I truly find this to be completely unacceptable) I don’t understand how this is allowed to use the winning name to a contest, and then use the exact same name for the tagline for the same client
whether he ending up using his own name or not…

6 Likes

Thank you @LorinsEggshells. :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you @jackieheraty, @PatriciaE, and @littodino :smiling_face:

4 Likes

@LauraE, Thank you! Sorry for the late reply. Stay safe!

2 Likes

@grant

Can you at least address this please.

The rules here are all over the place. How are we to make sense of all these conflicting rules.

You CAN use a winning name and turn around and use the exact name as the tagline a couple days later.

Yet, you are NOT allowed to enter a name listed in the brief.

You are NOT allowed to use a name they mention in the comment board.

You are NOT allowed to use a name that you won with again for 2 YEARS . (Whether the name was never bought, or if was bought, and the company started and then went out of business and the name is now available again – you can’t use it for 2 years )

You are NOT allowed to submit a real English/Latin/Greek word (no domain needed) because it won before despite it being in a different category.

(i.e. Dove Soap, Dove Chocolate)

(i.e. Delta Airlines, Delta Faucets, Delta Dental)

You can’t use a name you already submitted with a minor tweak like adding CO to the end because it is too close to the winning name.

YET….

Please explain how this is allowed.
I know the CH changed the name after awarding the winning name, but this situation is sour in my book.
(and before people think I am picking on anyone, I am NOT, I truly find this to be completely unacceptable) I don’t understand how this is allowed to use the winning name to a contest, and then use the exact same name for the tagline for the same client
whether he ending up using his own name or not…

7 Likes

It does need some clarification, it’s very very confusing.

5 Likes