Our intention for some of the recent changes to the point system was to differentially reward our best performing contestants. However, these changes seem to have created additional stress and anxiety which was not the original intention. As previously mentioned, we are committed to continuously improving our platform, and we take all your feedback seriously. Therefore, we are announcing some important changes to the point system.
The main theme of these changes is to tone down the negative/ punitive aspects of the point system while continuing to encourage those contestants who receive high ratings on their submissions. As a result, we are making adjustments on both (positive and negative) ends of the point system. Here are the specific changes:
- 1 Star Ratings: -5 Points
- 2 Star Ratings: 0 Points (We are eliminating the negative points for 2 star ratings)
- 3 Star Ratings: 3 Points
- 4 Star Ratings: 20 Points
- 5 Star Ratings: 30 Points
- Winning a Contest: 100 Points
- Receiving a bonus: 75 Points
- Participating in a Contest: 10 Points
- Leaderboard: Those who feature in monthly leaderboard will earn 300 bonus points.
In addition, your overall point balance will never fall below 0. If you currently have a negative point balance, it will be updated to 0 shortly.
The above changes are designed to ensure that most contestants earn positive points in every contest they participate.
We appreciate your feedback, and patience as we continue to work on improving the platform. Hopefully these changes will address the concerns that many of you have shared regarding negative points. These changes are effective immediately.