We have heard from many creatives that they would like to check their submitted domains in “bulk” instead of checking them individually.
We have also recently seen several instances where the domain checker did not provide accurate availability results. Some of these issues are due to a surge in number of contests and excessive availability checks (consistent with our platform growth). Since many registries have limits on how many checks can be done per hour, we sometimes end up exceeding these limits and do not get accurate results.
Today, we are happy to announce major changes in our Domain Availability checks which should save lot of time for our creatives, while providing more accurate results.
- You can now check all your submitted names from any contest page by clicking a single button “Check Domain Availability”. You only have to click this button once, and it will check all your submitted names for the contest at the same time.
- Once you perform a check on your names, we will display the availability results next to the name, and you will be able to see them at any time.
- On “My Entries” page, you will be able to check all your entries in bulk by clicking on Check Domain Availability button. As you scroll down your list of entries. the system will automatically check the domain availability for all the entries, and will show you if any of those entries are no longer available. This way, you can report any registered domains much easily and without having to recheck every name individually.
- Since many creatives have thousands of entries, we will monitor this change for few days - and if it exceeds our API limits, we might have to make further modifications.
- You will be able to perform another check for the same set of names after 12 hours (of last check). The 12 hour limit is to ensure that we do not end up doing excessive number of availability checks, since you can now check for names in bulk.
- We believe the above changes will allow you to check the domain availability for your entries much more easily and therefore allow you to proactively report any domains that have been registered. As a result, we will now tighten the “Report Domain” window to 30 days of submitting your entry. We have found that in almost every case when we have made a follow up with the CH after 30 days of entry submission they have told us that the entry was not registered by them. Therefore, we would like to focus our resources and efforts on making it easier to check domain availability, so that we can proactively follow up on any reported domain registrations within 30 days of entry submission.
- We have now setup a direct link with GoDaddy so that the contest holders and creatives can directly purchase names by clicking “Purchase Domain” next to the entry. If a CH uses that link, we will remind them first about our compensation policy in case they use a creative’s submission. This way, the CHs will be much more informed about our policy (in case they missed it earlier). This will also allow us to better track any names that are being registered by the CH so that we can follow up with them in case they do not send a bonus or pick that entry as winner.
We will continue to add more features to improve our platform and as always, we appreciate all of your feedback.