I'll go first...if you don't mind sharing:)?

What’s the inspiration or story behind your profile image?
Mine is a ballerina designed and painted by my 9 yo grand daughter done using acrylic paints and plain typing paper.I adored it so much I had to set as my profile pic.She loves art,drawing and writing about her experiences with her family and friends including her furry friends whether 2 legged 4 legged,big or small,feathery or in a shell:) She is becoming quite a little protagonist :heart:

16 Likes

Thank you and nice picture btw:)

3 Likes

My profile picture is an avatar I found online years ago - I chose it, because I’m a total “Girly-Girl” who loves make-up, cosmetics, and fashion, and I think it represents me well - I’m one of those women who never leaves the house without my mascara and lipstick. :lipstick:

13 Likes

Very nice…you are a beautiful inspiration🥰 thanks for sharing🙂

3 Likes

My image/avatar is a picture I colored myself and edited and such in photoshop. I’m a bit of an artist myself. I do graphics, blends, draw, sketch, paint, sculpt, etc. And the avatar I use right now doesn’t even reflect that completely. To give an idea, this is a blend graphic I just completed for my boyfriend, whom lives in another state (who just tested positive for covid yesterday – so really rough, right now), it was his birthday so I thought to make him something

Anyhow, the avatar/image reminds me of vaporwave/synthwave type of music and art which I’m also a big fan of given I’m a product of the eighties. I just love the neons, colors, and pop style art aesthetic… especially of that image. Kinda has attitude, at least to me, which… also taps me a bit too. I may be a bit quiet (though you’d not realize it on here sometimes) but there’s a lot more that I don’t show and don’t say sometimes. Not… negative, just… a bit witty and such. So, it’s kinda a reflection of that. At least for now. Until I get tired of it. xD

I love this topic, though. Love getting to know the reason or back stories to things!! And I love so many people’s images on here!

11 Likes

Thank you for sharing YOU ARE AN AMAZING ARTIST and Inspiration to us all I do believe…I always enjoying reading your wit and input. Don’t ever quit:) you are Amazingly Good!!

PS: well wishes for your boyfriend​:pray::pray::pray:

PSS: MY GRAND said OH WOW@ your artwork.You inspired her bc she said she can do that when she gets older:)

7 Likes

She will be able to do it and so much more as long as she sticks to it, tell her to never give it up. I’m self-taught in most of the things I do… so if she sticks to it, she’ll be even BETTER.

And thank you, so much for your kind words. Gonna make me cry. You ALL are more of an inspiration to me than I feel I am probably to anyone else. But, it means a lot that anyone here … or anywhere, for that matter, can at least take some positive influence from me in some way. It’s all I aim for, really. Make others happy and help them however I can.

6 Likes

Interesting subject! My profile image is a Polar Bear the reason behind this is that my wife gave me that image in an other forum because i am from Sweden were it’s cold (she is Mexican) so it kind of got stuck with me! Of course there are no Polar Bears in my country but anyway lol!

8 Likes

Lol…I see…here in Tennessee it feels very polar-bearish​:snowflake::snowflake::slightly_smiling_face:Nice story, Ty for sharing :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah you got quiet cold weather lately! All to common for me but now i am living in Mexico City so not so cold anymore lol.

3 Likes

That sounds inviting…lol…right about now😉

2 Likes

Wow you guys have it cold now -5 in Nashville,. not so normal there :cold_face:

2 Likes

Yes you are right…I did experience those temperatures when I had the opportunity back in 2019 to spend 2 months in FBX-ALASKA…Went just after Thanksgiving holiday and stayed until mid January.My only disappointment about my trip is I didn’t get to see the Northern lights😟

1 Like

Why due to bad weather? I mean Fairbanks is north enough! For my part i have seen it even though i lived in the mid part of Sweden! But the color scheme is more to the green and not so flamboyant as it can be in other parts of the northern hemisphere!

3 Likes

Naw,not because of bad weather…think I missed it when I wasn’t looking for it( sounds crazy - I know) My niece whom I was staying with would say," well you missed the lights" again🙂I’m like dang it- but I had to have my sleep, lol.

Well you have your self to blame for that one lol, maybe next time!!!

1 Like

Lol…yes indeed…I hope to go back in warmer weather though. I would like to visit Denali.I hear it’s a popular vacation spot…Oh and you mentioned Sweden, my youngest son wants to visit there one day and the Netherlands:)

1 Like

Well i would recommend the both, for different reasons but still!

2 Likes

Butterflies and me go way back, first song I ever wrote as a teen. I used to collect the theme till folks gifted me too many and I got sick of them. One day, one landed on my finger. An ex said (this our first “down the road meetup” “See beautiful things happen when you are still.” Then as my sig others father was dying and my sig other was barely keeping it together, a brilliant blue butterfly clung to his clothes in a storm… all true. For me this pic reminded me so much of branding, sort of like a customer gracing a product or service. PS I’m thinking of letting the butterfly go again.

8 Likes

That’s cool Slogana…do you still write songs? Butterflies are so magical and majestic​:heart::butterfly:

2 Likes