I feel Discouraged

@Nelmag - no matter what prompted you to have to vent that today, I just wanted to say that I am sorry you had to vent that today and I hope someone restores your faith in people. I’ve had days like that, too, and I can only guess why… but sometimes it really gnaws at me. (And ends up impacting my naming!).

2 Likes

@ALDaisy1 @Chasity2ku @Promann

Thank you for your feedback related to the Marketplace status updates.

Our goal is always to provide deep insights to help creatives engage best with Squadhelp. This is true with respect to our contests and our Marketplace.

For the Marketplace, we keep you informed about views, likes, holds, initiated purchases, and final sales.

Here are a few things to keep in mind with respect to names that have an initial purchase but do not result in a final sale because of Trademark reasons: (1) Trademark validation is a critical aspect of the domain buying process. We believe so strongly in this that we invest our own resources in fulfilling this service. (2) While purchases that do not result in a final sale can be disappointing, we believe that the initial purchase is one of the most important events in the life cycle of your domain. Therefore, we believe it is important to notify creatives when this event occurs.

We are committed to continuing to provide deep insights and a transparent sales processes.

3 Likes

@grant I’m curious to know if SH does any sort of Trademark validation prior to accepting our Marketplace Domains? Or do you leave it up to the buyer to request this service prior to purchasing within the Marketplace. TY!

As my most professional guessing they have na ALOG set up to aid them in this area… before I submit names I do trademark checks … to provide a better quality listing… but THE ALOGs and professional services that is the POUNDSTONE for their efforts

1 Like

Not a single name I submitted approved…

@firehawk828 I understand how you feel - when the Marketplace first opened my names were rejected over and over again. I felt discouraged and disappointed so I took a few months off (of the Marketplace) and then tried again. I looked at names that were in the Marketplace and took the time to go through my past entries. I made a long list of names that I felt might be a good fit. I then started to get some approvals mixed with a LOT of rejections, but I just kept submitting. I’ve submitted close to 50 names and only 9 have been accepted. I’ve sold 1 so far . . . some days I only feel like entering contests, other days I feel like submitting to the Marketplace, and other days I can barely open my computer :confused: Maybe try a different approach - you’ll get there, if I can do it, you can do it :thumbsup:

3 Likes

It is just as with contests, we have to get a lot of “No Thank Yous” (Marketplace rejections) before we get that “Love it” rating (Marketplace acceptance), and lots of “Love it” ratings before we get that contest win (Domain sale).

4 Likes

[quote=“firehawk828, post:108, topic:2439, full:true”]
Not a single name I submitted approved…[/quote]
WOW! - Now that’s surprising, because you come up with some GREAT names, Fire - I’ll add my advice to the others: Keep at it, and you will eventually strike gold. :wink:

2 Likes

@CRen - Thank you for you question. Trademark is based on industry (or class), therefore it is not feasible to perform Trademark validation before we have a buyer with a business concept.

4 Likes

Grant, how about when a shortlisted entry has a trademark conflict. Why would SHAdmin not tell us at least something about it. Perhaps the industry they found the TM conflict with? That would help the Creative a bit in determining if they should submit it to other contests. I usually run all entries thru TESS prior to entering them, so it becomes a bit confusing to see that green flag.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, Trademark results are completely unique to the individual business or product. We do not compile the type of data that would be broadly applicable in helping a Creative determine which industry to submit a particular name into.

Thank you Cren, Lightless, Alwritey for the advice and congrats Cren for having a domain sold.

1 Like

Thought I would try to come back and try to enter some contests after pretty much taking the last month off…but all I seem to be getting are rejections…so maybe it’s too soon.Best of luck to everyone.

2 Likes

This may be indirectly related to topic.I am experiencing discouarge and excitement.I have a short listed name with less than perfect rating.I really don’t know what to think. Any thoughts?

Talking about others submitting “your” entry - I have a domain approved on Marketplace, pretty good one IMO, tried to post it on a few contests yesterday and imagine this - someone already used it (in two contests so far) with altered domain, so I can’t submit it :smiley: It would be funny if it wasn’t happening to me

I’m afraid that is happening a lot AvramChe. Someone sees a great name in the marketplace, then improvises it for the contests. I wonder if SH could do anything about it

4 Likes

The other situation could be that the name in question has already been one used by someone else in the past and has been one they have submitted in contests for some time already. I know I have had names that have done well for me in contests but not quite been a winner…that suddenly I find someone else has won a contest with, (that happened to me twice in one week once) ,or submitted to the marketplace,and I am like What? It feels like someone has taken MY name.

5 Likes

“Great minds think alike.” ?

2 Likes

[quote=“LauraE, post:119, topic:2439”]
Someone sees a great name in the marketplace, then improvises it for the contests.[/quote]
Seriously??!! :open_mouth:

1 Like

@AlwriteyThen,

I’m very cynical :wink:

1 Like