I feel Discouraged

Thanks for your input…Really feel motivated!All the best creatives and one entry at a time!:muscle:

2 Likes

Ive noticed quite a few chs seem to throw you in the opposite direction of what they eventually choose whats that all about . ? I sometimes feel like they are treating the contest as a bit of a joke on us.
I thought this was going to be easier .Ie re-brief give ch suitable names , win contests lol…not read brief give names they didnt want and win contests

4 Likes

I think a lot of contest holders don’t know what they want until they see it. It is frustrating when they start out in one direction and then completely shift gears though. Ah well, it is what it is.

8 Likes

I understand that but not knowing what you want and specifically saying you dont want something are slightly different I would say

I posted in the wrong thread lol Im not actually discouraged, more intrigued about the workings of the mind of some chs.They dont seem to go about in a way most people would if they wanted a name for their company

@CreativeJohnny. I think alot of the time, there are more than one person making the decisions. One guy writes the brief and begins the contest. He then brings names he likes to the others. They don’t like them and ask him to change direction. Basically what I’m saying is…too many chiefs. Also there should be a notification box when you go back to a contest that tells you…the brief has been changed since your last entry or something to that effect

I’m feeling discouraged, as usual :confused: But more so now than normal. They say they’re excepting more IDs but I can’t tell. Plus, I’m on break and have been spending a lot of my free time trying to focus on contests but that’s not going very well. It’s frustrating when a CH has been rating regularly and sends you messages that you’re on the right track and to submit more, only to submit something you think they’re really gonna like but they see it and you get nothing but crickets chirping. It’s like what happened to the ratings and feedback?? Give me something!! How do they rate like crazy and encourage you and then offer nothing when you pour more time into it because of their encouragement. Ughhh!!! This is happening with more than one contest and it’s just got me feeling like I’m wasting my time, and I’m clearly missing the mark on IDs.

Anyway, enough whoa is me…I just needed to vent. Now back to it because despite the CONSTANT rejection I still wanna keep coming back for more. I do love me some SH :smirk:

6 Likes

Wow…now I’m locked out of a really high priced contest because I fell 1% below tier A overnight. This is super frustrating because I literally fell asleep with my iPad in my hands trying to think of a good entry. If I would’ve thought of one entry I thought was good enough and submitted before I fell out I would still have access to this contest :rage:

Here’s to hoping it’ll change back over tonight. Nothing like living on the cusp of tier A status…except maybe living on a prayer lol

3 Likes

Come on @Chasity2ku you can do it!

I have days like this too and I rush through as many contests as I can as quick as I can then walk away from the computer. Then on the next day, I feel like I’ve had a proper break and I can go back to entering contests properly. It’s probably not the best approach but it builds up points and I’ve actually won a few of these rushed contests so you never know!

And if it’s any consolation, the contest you are talking about is very quick with those orange faces. You are protecting your score by not being able to enter it. I actually do a couple of entries and move on in contests like this for that very reason.

4 Likes

Wait, I thought that Tier A status was permanent once you get there? Wasn’t that done a while ago?

2 Likes

@Commulinks, I believe in order to have permanent Tier A status you have to make it to 20 wins.

@Chasity2ku, hang in there, girl, you know it goes in waves. You will be back on top again!

4 Likes

I think @AbleBrands is right. Sometimes a day off is just the thing to recharge. I don’t know why it seems like there are good streaks and bad streaks here, but it is hard when you aren’t getting anywhere. At least there always another contest (and another chance to win) on the horizon!

6 Likes

At times, this site is just so funny to me. I’m taking this site as my full time job, yet I gone through almost 3 months without single win, but I’m not giving up, as I’ve become so addictive of the whole system. But to be sincere, this site is frustrating at times

7 Likes

@Chasity2ku I feel you. I have days like that, too. It seems like the world is against me especially when I get all the rejections when I submit entries for instant domains. But in the end just think that the best is yet to come.

5 Likes

there are a few ways, but if you have a lifetime wins of 20 or more, you should be permanent Tier A status unless they changed it again.
There are 4 ways to become eligible for Tier A status:

Method 1: If you have won at least 1 contest during the last 6 months and your percentile score (based upon CH ratings) is 80% or above.
Method 2: If you have won at least 3 contests during the last 6 months and your percentile score (based upon CH ratings) is 60% or above.
Method 3: If you have been with Squadhelp for at least 30 days and your percentile score is 85% or above.
Method 4: If you have received 20 or more lifetime wins at Squadhelp.
You may lose a Tier A status under these conditions:

If your account no longer meets the qualification criteria outlined above.
If your account is not in Good Standing (e.g. multiple policy violations, failure to take a corrective action upon receiving a warning, etc)

4 Likes

Wow, Lisa, thank you! It was so nice of you to post this!

3 Likes

Thanks for the support everyone, it really means a lot!!! I have no intentions of giving up…my addiction won’t let me lol just had to vent a little and I know most of you, if not all of you, understand how I feel. As we all know it’s the nature of the beast. It’s good to release your feelings sometimes and the non-SHers around me just don’t get it. I love y’all, thanks for being there :blush:

BTW I’m not even close to 20 wins and at the rate I’m able to participate (and win) it’ll be years before I get there HA! But, it could be worse, I could be well below the tier A percentage. Atleast now I’m able to have occasional access to the good stuff! Looking at the bright side :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Chasity2ku I was going to message you and searched 20 contests to try to get to your profile but I wasn’t able to find you. Just know I’m here for you and despite what my percentage says – look at my amount of wins in how long I’ve been here, so I know what you’re saying and you and I are in the same headspace ALL THE TIME. I agree with most of the things you’ve said and therefore it isn’t hard to believe that I agree with the unsaid things and the thoughts too. I’m here for you, hun. Trust me, I know. I know. Nature of the beast and all of that. I’m here for you. Just find me and message me if you need to. But, keep at it. I’ve kept at it even though my 20 wins will probably be 20 years from now :laughing:

Keep your head up. I believe in you and I know WE can do this! :sunglasses:

Edited to add:

EVERYONE keep your head up. Yes, you … the weird outside-the-box, away from the norm namers. Yes you, the ones that get loves because you can stake true meaning and understanding with the CHs but apparently never enough for a win. Yes you, the ones that have quality and meaning that is HIGHLY researched but isn’t as modern or catchy as some others. Yes you, the ones that fly by the seat of your pants in streakweeks – where you’ll have streaks for a week or more and then all of sudden plummet into oblivion for no reason that is based on your actual quality or ability to connect. Yes you, the ones that advocate and try to stay fair for everyone instead of yourself and yet you’re also one holding by your teeth. Yes you, the ones that try and try and try and you’ve had proof you’re good at this and yet aren’t lucky enough to have something or much of it to show for it. – ALL of you. Keep your head up. I believe in you. A lot of us believe in you. And despite this being a ‘competition’ – we’re in this together! We know what it’s like. We’ll get there. It may not be tomorrow, it may not be next month. But if we’re hovering enough to not be chased from the site yet, you belong here and you can AND will make it work.

10 Likes

Thank you @rareworthy you’re always a positive force in the forums and truly root for all of us! I know I have a friend in you and am thankful for that!!! I missed you while you were gone and wondered what was keeping you away. I’m glad it was something positive and I want to say congratulations on your hard earned achievement. I’m pleased you are back and your support is amazing as always!

That being said, it’s soooo incredibly annoying we have no easy way to find each other on the contest side of things. I’ve requested a search feature twice now but SH has no plans of adding this in the near future, unfortunately. There have been several occasions I’ve found myself trying to track someone down for one reason or another and its a pain in the you know what!!

Anyway, I’m still trucking…nobodys gonna break-a my stride lol, just had to let out some frustration to those that get it. Thanks for your continued support and just know all the things you say to encourage us applies to you too!!!

3 Likes

Yes i think the acceptance rate is pretty low on the Marketplace domains- I had 2 of the 8 I tried recently accepted.
And now that an 899.00 contest is often giving you only a tad more in payment/ commision than a $ 200 dollar contest … it may not be worth the effort to submit unless it is a short & truly genius name that somehow was overlooked and never registered. Of course what we think is a genius name may not be considered so by the CH folks that are deciding. Three of the names that I had submitted and were rejected have now been registered which is also kind of frustrating…

2 Likes