How Would You Improve The Site?

I don’t like spending points on “Best Entry” for abandoned contests, because is not the CH who is seeing them. Maybe we could submit more than 2 “Best Entry” when the contest is active with an increment on the points costs (50, 100, 150…) but when the contest is abandoned they are all wiped out and we can choose only 2 without spending points.

1 Like

For combo contests (name and tagline) I would change it to be consecutive instead of concurrent. Run the name, then as soon as name is chosen, do the tagline. Having to enter a different tagline with every name submission is horrible. You can still do the package deal, just concurrent. Just like when they do the logo after, ONCE a NAME is picked. Wouldn’t make sense to do a combo name and logo contest would it? They wouldn’t know what the winning name would be - same sense as the tagline and name…you need the wining name first to play off that.

16 Likes

I agree that would be alot better.

I’d like the marketplace but buying with points, since I don’t have dollars or dollars credit card. I’d spend most of my points on my domains.

4 Likes

I’d like a little notification on my home page that shows if a CH updated their contest brief. Sometimes they change it and add information that could really help you,but you don’t ever know unless you go back to that contest and look at the messages.

6 Likes

Maybe, on “View Submisssion Dashboard” adding the capability of sorting contest by amount of "Love It"s, "Like It"s, etc… And the finish time, too, maybe.

Please and thank you!

I would have me win more contests. It would be good for both of us.

5 Likes

Im embarrassed to ask this but where do I go to privately inquire about the validity of a recent win. I’m sure I could accomplish this by the “contact” link but I didn’t know if there is a better way.

@Chasity2ku, you can send an email to service@squadhelp.com or use the contact link on the bottom right (on main Squadhelp site).

1 Like

@Dan is is possible to get an “exclude logo contest” option for us namers? Never was a problem, but with soo many new contests these days, it would be helpful to cull them out when needing too, Just like you do with “best entry” and “not participated by me”. And if you can also do an exclude “naming” for the creative logo designers as well if they want to weed thru the contests easier as well. Just a thought…

1 Like

If I didn’t misunderstand what you’re asking, you already can do that… I always do… On the left, you just select “Naming” on the “Categories” list. Hope that was it.

5 Likes

Well a big fat DUH to me. Thanks JC!!!

2 Likes

No problem, Jackie! Maybe more people had the same requirement and you helped solve it for them too :smile:

1 Like

there have been instances where contestants have entered names and got a nah, they withdraw the name , this can o on several times with the ch getting the same name over and over …also there have been times when someone has won with a name that has been entered and deleted by another contestant

I would like to propose that the same name should only be entered once in a contest, if it has been deleted it shouldnt be allowed to be entered again

9 Likes

I want a page to show who is trending and the contests they’re trending in. Similar to the leaderboard or winners board but for active contests. Plus, on this page I’d like there to be a personal tracker of contests the visitor is trending in. Maybe even include a list of active contests you’ve received a “like” or “love” in. Because that’s a…well you know…to track!

I think the ‘names’ of the current rating system, as well as the old 5 stars system, have some problems. Simply put, it’s just False. It gives contestants false hope, takes them on a roller coaster ride. I mean, think about it, in this world that we live it’s not socially acceptable, how can someone Love us today and say Nah to us the next day? It’s terrible, it’s also bad manners. We cannot blame CHs either, they have no choice but to pick one of the 4 ratings.

2 Likes

What words would you use instead?

1 Like

@kreativekim Well, I don’t think using different words would really make better sense or help it either.

As I see it, the problem is putting everything that span a few days (I’d call it a project) all into one big box. We need stages and different stages should use suitable names for that stage.

Edit:
Okay, I’d use something less emotional, maybe something more applicable to the task at hand, that’s also encouraging, and won’t come across as a kind of promise. Something like “More Please”, “Not Quite There”, “Try Again”, and “Feels Cold Now”.

2 Likes

Its confusing when you were once loved and then tossed in the nah pile - do I try a similar name ? what did they love that they went off ? there is very little to go on in most contests, its almost like they want to make it more difficult for us to get a name they love. Often they choose the opposite of what they asked for .

Its actually more difficult than cracking the enigma files

4 Likes

Yep…not that I like nahs of course…but I rather get one right out the gate,so you know to change direction, then have hope I am on the right track and could possibly score a win with a like it or love it, then suddenly have the rug pulled out from under me with a rejection.Especially when it’s after the contest has closed.Another thing that is tough is when they only rate after the contest is closed.By then it’s too late to know what they are looking for and give appropriate names.

3 Likes